Attacked on our walk

kchesney8

Every morning I take the dogs on their walk at 7am.  There is never anyone out and it's nice and quiet.  Well this morning a lady who runs with her dog was out jogging and she didn't have her dog leashed.  It came charging across the field that is the same size as a football field right at us.  Here I am with both dogs attached to the walking belt and me.  I am trying to hold them back while this lady doesn't have a care in the world.  It charged at us and Tuff bit him.  Not hard enough to draw blood but I had to yell at the lady to call her dog back.  I was soooo angry.  Tuff put himself in front of me and his sister and protected us.  I was proud of him.  I always knew he was protective of us.  When it's just us at home he will lay across me when we sleep if he hears something.  Mind you he is almost 100lbs.  He's no light feather.  LOL.  I can't stand ppl who don't think they need to have their dogs on leash.  When she finally called her dog back I heard her say my dog was trying to pick a fight.  SOOOOO annoyed.  Guess we will need to go earlier.  Any ways that is my rant and yes huskies CAN be protective.  

So sorry to hear this happened to you, it's a real worry of mine as there's way too many ignorant dog owners round here. Hope you're all ok xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Sorry everyone is dealing with this lately.

I have a CCP for instances like that and will let the owner know that if their dog approaches any closer I will be forced to draw my weapon.....in fear for my life and that of my dog is all that needs to be shown for legal purposes. If my dog was off leash and attached or approached someone in attack mode I'd expect nothing less from them as well. That is why I keep my animal under control.....

I'm tired of idiots running rampant and us good dog owners paying the price for it. Dog rushes me and my dog like that and I will have no problems confronting the owner and dog. No need to play nice if your opponent isn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm just happy no one got hurt.  It could have gone a lot worse.  Just a reminder that Tuff has our back and he won't let anything happen to us just as I won't let anything happen to him or Aspen.  I think ppl with huskies have really deep bonds with them.  

1 hour ago, BingBlaze n Skyla said:

I hate people like that :( glad you're all ok , I wouldn't change my time , she should have better control of her dog , is there any leash laws where u are? Maybe remind her of the law n having an 'out of control' dog

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

I live outside city limits so there is no leash law.  I actually had a dog charge and corner me outside one time and I called animal control and they said there was nothing they could do unless the dog attacked me.  So I just have to be a responsible dog owner and make sure my dogs are taken care of.  

Glad you guys are ok!  That can be very scary :(  I live in city limits where there leash laws, but a few years ago I was walking my three, and my neighbor's pit bill ran out the door and came charging us.  Kodiak stood up and protected us, and the owner came running.  In the end, I had fell on the pavement and none of my dogs got bit...but Kodiak must have nipped the pit bull.  My neighbor apologized profusely but still

I live outside city limits so there is no leash law.  I actually had a dog charge and corner me outside one time and I called animal control and they said there was nothing they could do unless the dog attacked me.  So I just have to be a responsible dog owner and make sure my dogs are taken care of.  

Omg wow that's terrible :( I'm sorry to hear that , yes definitely keep you and your pups safe

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

Glad your all ok. Off lead dog OWNERS (not all) are a pain in the arse, it's their attitude that amazes me.
Tonight we were just leaving the school field after my two and my partners Yorkie went for a run and a man and his sharpei, OFF LEAD, walked close to the outside of the wire fence when his dog started to have a go at Toby (the Yorkie), Toby's growling and barking back, Cai's on the 50 foot lead and sprinted over and I'm just putting Luka's lead back on, Luka pulls me to get to the fence, the sharpei is going nuts running back and forth along the fence, all 4 of them are making a hell of a racket. We hadn't managed to put Cai's walking lead on yet and couldn't believe the man opened the gate and his sharpei ran at Toby so Cai and Luka ran at the sharpei, lots of growling and snarling, Phil managed to pull Cai back, but it was more than obvious that the dogs weren't going to get on and he still came thru the gate, thankfully no dogs were hurt but he had the cheek to tell us to control our dogs, I won't tell you what Phil said! We took them at 8.45 as there's no one around at that time but one good thing was that Cai and Luka were protecting Toby.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Archived