Stepping Down

Mazz

I came across this forum, probably like many of you, searching for information on Huskies.  It seemed like home, and so I stayed. Soon, I found myself posting every day, several times a day. And then I was asked to be a moderator. I felt honored, I really did.  Later on, I was bestowed the moniker of Super Moderator. I thought there would be a cape arriving in the mail. But such was not the case. (That's supposed to be humorous.)

So now I seem to have become rather inactive.  Not sure why. Still love my Huskies, still interact with them. But I just don't find myself coming on to Husky-Owners as often as I used to, nor as often as I should.  It is not fair to staff, and it is certainly not fair to the members, to have a Super Moderator that is not pulling his or her weight.

I have often said, this forum is different, it's special, and it is. For it brings people from around the globe, with differing backgrounds, from different cultures, different beliefs, and creates a bond that we all share - the love we have for our Huskies. The USA Husky Camp is held every year, with this coming camp being the 6th annual, because of this forum.

This is not a good bye, as I will still come onto the forum from time to time. But I will do so as a member, and not a moderator.  The staff on this site deserves both your gratitude and your respect. They do an outstanding job to keep this forum in tune with its purpose.

To Sarah, Marc, Dunc, Nix, Andy, Rob, Emma, and Jay - All of you I consider as friends. Each of you have made this forum what it is to so many, a place of gathering, a place of refuge, a place of learning. All of us owe you our thanks. I owe you my thanks.

To all the members - Thanks to you as well.  You have made me laugh at times, shed a tear or two at times. Made me feel relative to the breed, but most of all, you have taught me more about this breed than I could ever have learned on my own. I owe you my thanks as well.

So it won't be too much longer and the Super Moderator moniker will be replaced with Member. And that's not such a bad thing.

Sorry to see you step down as SuperMod :(  I think that we have all made this forum what it is today together, and your contribution has been something I could only hope to achieve.   I hope to see you around, and one of these days hopefully I can actually make it to the Iowa Husky Camp!  Don't be a stranger!

Well, if you're not around as much as you know is needed for that position, then its the right thing to do. Doing so, just proves that we chose the right person for the super mod position in the first place. Have seen many times over the years people reply to posts like these as if someone has just died. Dave will still be around, he will just be a different colour to what he has been :D Been great having you as a member of staff, and as I said myself in PM, you are more than welcome back if at any point you feel you fancy doing so again. 

Thank you Marc. Appreciate your post, as I appreciate the posts from Rob, Nix, Emma, and Jay. This is still a place like home. Still a forum that brings all of us together with a common thread. I have been blessed to have been a part of this forum, and I expect that to continue.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Husky Owners mobile app

Dave you've been a stalwart bastion of knowledge at Husky owners, bestowing it with careless abandon whenever anyone needed it.

Thanks for the years of support, time and effort that you've generously given to Husky Owners.

Don't be a stranger bud

Andy, you have been very supportive; not only of this forum and its members, but also of the staff. I have enjoyed interacting with you and the other staff members over these past few years.

• 2 weeks later...
We just getting old Dave time to let these young ones run the show lol
You been one of the best friends I never meet [emoji4]

Same back at you.

Archived