The saddest day of our lives

fran

Yesterday was the worst day of our lives. We had to but put our big man ,Kamots, to sleep.

On Monday Kamots was diagnosed with acute leukemia.

Last Wedensday we noticed that he was not himself. By friday he was no better so we took him to our vet. He was not showing big symptoms of being sick- he just seemed tired and under the weather. The vet ran tests which all came back to point that he had an infection. We took hem home, all pleased that he was now on the road to recovery. On Sunday afternoon he seemed to have a some more life in him and we decided to bring him and his sisters for a short walk which he enjoyed so much. By that evening he had gone down hill again rapid so we rang our vet on call who explained that this could still be the infection taking its toll on him, but to bring him first thing Monday morning if we were not happy. On monday more tests were ran and we were given the sad news that he had Acute Leukemia, that there was no cure and our big man would only have a short time left. We had the the worst choice any parents would need to make. The vet gave Kamots morphine to take the pain away and we brought him home for one last night and to say our good byes. We stayed up all night and made his night as comfortable as possible.

Yesterday the 26.01.2010 at 9.30 we had to do the saddest thing of our lives and put Kamots to sleep.

Kamots was the best and most beautiful Husky anyone could ever dream about having. He touched so many people with his funny loving little ways even the most stone hearted non-dog lovers. He was so strong and fought all the to the end as stong as ever.

We packed so much into his 2 and half years running, scootering, backpacking, agility and most of all kisses and cuddles. He even got to enjoy a massive snow fall and some extremely cold weather, which huskys love, and spent most days of the cold snap out scootering, running and hours of endless boistorous play with his sister, Dakota, before he got sick! For this we got the most unconditional love we could ever have asked for.

Please take one thing from my letter:

Please treat each day with your pet as if it could their last and give them undying love because this is what they do for you everyday.

Rest in Peace Big Man!!

post-643-13585947439475_thumb.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Absolutely heartbreaking time for you and yours ......... but you did right by your big fella

If it should be that I grow weak

And pain should keep me from my sleep,

Then you must do what must be done,

For this last battle cannot be won.

You will be sad, I understand.

Don't let your grief then stay your hand.

For this day, more than all the rest,

Your love for me must stand the test.

We've had so many happy years.

What is to come can hold no fears.

You'd not want me to suffer so;

The time has come -- please let me go.

Take me where my need they'll tend,

And please stay with me till the end.

Hold me firm and speak to me,

Until my eyes no longer see.

I know in time that you will see

The kindness that you did for me.

Although my tail its last has waved,

From pain and suffering I've been saved.

Please do not grieve -- it must be you

Who had this painful thing to do.

We've been so close, we two, these years;

Don't let your heart hold back its tears

What a difficult period you must be going through. My thoughts are with you and Kamots. May he run free. Zoya sends Husky Hugs your way.