Tips For Owning Two Huskies

I took Fen to the local dogs home today to meet a gorgeous 3 year old husky cross bitch. She was lovely, and they got on really well. Walked well together, played together and chilled out together.

So I think I'm going to adopt her!

However this will be my first time owning two biggish dogs on my own, any tips for me? I cope well with Fen on my own but I think he'd be much happier with a companion.

I'm so excited :D

I took Fen to the local dogs home today to meet a gorgeous 3 year old husky cross bitch. She was lovely, and they got on really well. Walked well together, played together and chilled out together.

So I think I'm going to adopt her!

However this will be my first time owning two biggish dogs on my own, any tips for me? I cope well with Fen on my own but I think he'd be much happier with a companion.

I'm so excited :D

You made a fantastic decision getting a playmate. I was on the fence for a really long time and I think it's the best thing I could have ever done for my oldest husky. My second husky is only 4 months old so I cannot offer any advice as I am still learning myself but just checking in so that I can follow this thread for any help that others post.

I found having 2 easier than 1 and 3 easier than 2 lol they're rather addictive! Lol

Most will get on great together, when walking them you may find it easier to get a walking belt i got my from indy-dog on here and have had it for 3 years i think now? still looks like new!

When Nikko was 9 months old I got Yukon as a puppy.  Nikko was a handful to say the least!  He constantly needed attention and was always getting into trouble!  I could not do much of anything, like cook, clean or watch TV with just him. 

When I got Yukon, he was SO much more behaved!  They were able to play with each other and wear themselves out!  and it was easy with the potty training the 2nd time around.  Yukon picked it up within a few weeks, where it took Nikko like 4 months!  (however I was a first time dog owner so I take half the blame!)

As for a rescue, I got my 3rd, Kodiak, and he has fit in nicely with the pack.  I do think 2 are much easier than 1, but I think 3 is harder.  Some things to remember is to take all toys away, as those can lead to fights.  Kodiak would even fight for attention!  But after awhile everything worked out. 

Good luck!

Well today I collected Freyja! She's beautiful and gets on with Fen really well.

Thanks for the tips. I've got a walking belt anyway, but it's certainly much easier to walk both dogs using it. 

I think I'm quite lucky, they don't seem to fight over toys or food. But I'll keep them out of reach when I leave them.

Having 2 has been easier than just having one.  Tuff was so needy.  Needing me to touch him all the time, in my face 24/7.  Since getting Aspen it has got so much better.  They play all the time, run each other out.  Best thing I ever did.  Aspen added a whole different life to the house.  She is a hoot.  Good luck with your babies.