Badass Cat *warning Gruesome Pics And Vid*

Asslinn

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unable to view. Says I'm underage or something.

You'll need to get your parents permission to view :D

------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope it was a stray-dog and not some careless owner who thought having a dog outside off-leash and unattended would be a good idea.

CNN is running this into the ground!  Along with a lot of the other news services. A little followup ...

Just so I credit where it's due ABC15 Arizona ...

She (the boys mother) also said the dog belonged to a neighbor and is now under voluntary observation at Bakersfield Animal Care Center.
Sgt. Joe Grubbs, Bakersfield Police spokesman, said the dog will be quarantined for 10 days then euthanized.
The neighbor was pulling their vehicle out of their gated driveway when the dog escaped.
The neighbor called 911 on behalf of the boy and his mother.

Edited by Al Jones

I watched this earlier.. every other friend on facebook is sharing it lol.

It sucks that all dogs are getting a bad rep because of this though and cat lovers are just saying, "Told you dogs suck, cats rule"

Very heroic cat though :)

I can't believe it :( that dog was just running around. There's not even a slight body language sign that says "I'm gonna bite!" yet he suddenly grabs that kid's leg. I agree that his owner should be deemed irresponsible though. That dog, judging from his behavior on the video, certainly has issues and surely the owner knows of it. Why is the dog not supervised? Why is he let off-lead freely like that? 

OT: heroic cat :) glad to hear the boy's safe.

I too feel I miss half of the story. As far as I know, the dog was just 8 months old and apparently never has been interested in children and wasn't a known problem dog or owner. Someone else said the neighbour got home and the dog accidentally escaped the car? Supposedly he bit his owner as well while trying to pin him down. He voluntarily handed him over to the shelter. The dog was still aggressive in there.

It still doesn't answer the question why he went for the child. I would love to hear the owners side of the story.

Awesome cat, glad the dog is going to be dealt with but shame it happened in the first place what I don't get is why the woman just ran off n didn't pick the/her child up!?

The dog came back and chased her as well.

I too feel I miss half of the story. As far as I know, the dog was just 8 months old and apparently never has been interested in children and wasn't a known problem dog or owner. Someone else said the neighbour got home and the dog accidentally escaped the car? Supposedly he bit his owner as well while trying to pin him down. He voluntarily handed him over to the shelter. The dog was still aggressive in there.

It still doesn't answer the question why he went for the child. I would love to hear the owners side of the story.

The dog came back and chased her as well.

she shouldn't have left the child tho it could have gone for the child again n done even more/ worse damage

A bit of follow up. There's some repetition to earlier vids, wait for the end of it though!

The Triantafilo family and their cat, Tara, went viral after Tara saved four year old Jeremy from an attacking dog. Jeremy needed a few stitches, but is doing great thanks to his furry hero.  There's some repetition to earlier vids, wait for the end of it though!

Edited by Al Jones

And here's the shelters response to that.  Actually some good comments, both in the article and in the comments. There are two videos on that page, one short and sweet, the other a longer interview with the Director of the country's shelter.

It appears as if the two neighbors are not upset with each other over what happened, in fact the dogs owner is reported to have said that they do not want the dog back, it would be best if it's put down.  Tara's owners have simply asked the the dogs owners cover the deductible that isn't covered by insurance.  Sounds like two very good set of folks who aren't going to get into a court fight - I have to say I applaud both of them!

The Triantafilo family though have said:

"We posted the video early Wednesday morning and it's just loaded up from there. I don't think people realize we're still dealing with police reports and dealing with my son's health," Erica Triantafilo said Thursday. "I don't think there was necessarily a difficult moment. I think the entire experience was so overwhelming."

They've gotten offers from almost every major network to use the vid and seem to be getting a bit tired of all the hype.

It was the neighbor, the dogs owner, who called 911 and part of the interview is her phone call.

Though this might be getting just a little bit carried away.

Edited by Al Jones

I don't see why it's so bad that Cesar Millan wants to rehab the dog. Surely his work is not the world's favorite, but the most important thing is somebody offered to take him (assuming the dog is a boy) in. Somebody offered this soul a second chance. Who knows, CM might work out what's the problem. Who knows, he might make this dog adoptable. Who knows. Right?

No, Liv, an unprovoked attack on a child by any dog grants that animal no second chance. There is sufficient footage on that vid to show that the child is being nothing other than a 4 year old. Once the rabies quarantine is done, *I* see no redeeming factors that should extend *that* dogs life.

As for the other part of your question, I've seen enough vids relating to CM to suggest that any "training" by him would quite probably result in a more, not less, vicious dog.

While I deplore that fact that there are thousands of dogs in "shelters" who are doing nothing but, figuratively, counting the days till they're put down because of overcrowding, that is one pup for whom *I'll* shed no tears! Why you would suggest that any dog who's, without major provocation, bitten a child be given a second chance is way beyond me. Even considering my situation with Sasha, I'd put her down myself before I'd pass her on to anyone with a child and probably before I'd pass her on to anyone.

Edited by Al Jones