Hello Everyone

tougeman

Hello everyone,

New Member here just got my first Husky im excited (hes 7 weeks )been wanting one for long time but now i have one :D. He might not be my last one because i been thinking of becoming a breeder...still debating on that....i found this site on yahoo was doing a search on BARF and saw this forum and now im a member...I was doing some research on what kind of dog food would be best for him found blue buff but im also interested in BARF. Did i make a right choice in the food or is there better ones? just curious what a fellow husky owner is feeding theirs. Also planing to do basic training for my dog nothing fancy...Im in southern California just in case anyone in the forums is near...

and hello everyone!

Ramon, welcome to the site. Nice looking pup. It will be fun to watch him grow up. Take lots of pictures and post them here as time goes by. As far as food goes, this is some great food for Siberians: http://www.tasteofthewildpetfood.com/

Hopefully, you can get it in your area. At 7 weeks though, I'm not sure if he would be ready for that. Perhaps someone else will chime in.

Hi, welcome to the pack - he's gorgeous, looking forward to seeing lots of pics as he grows :)

With regards to becoming a breeder, I would seriously do a hell of a lot of research on this before you even begin to make your mind up on it. Ask yourself a few questions such as - why do i want to breed? Can i afford to breed? Will I make a lifelong commitment to the pups once they've left home?

They are just a few off the top of my head....it's by no means a straight forward thing to get into but if you choose to do it I wish you all the best. as your pups so young it's going to be at least 2 years yet before you can breed so you have time to research and make your mind up :) Are there any breeders near you that you can speak to or that can mentor you?

Looking forward to seeing you around :D

Hello Ramon and Kamere, welcome to the pack :wave:

Kamere is a real cutie! Definitely take loads of pics as they grow SO quickly, it's unbelievable! :D

I feed my 2 a mixture of BARF & kibble, it seems to agree with them, but each to their own taste & preference, as long as the dog is healthy on it! :D

I'd echo what Sarah said about breeding, too, we thought long & hard about breeding my girl, Myshka, but we've decided against it, if it something you are serious about, do the homework & ask the questions. :)

Look forward to chatting more with you around here & seeing loads of pics of Kamere as he grows, x

Thanks everyone,

as for breeding yea i know its a big decision to make.

Breeders near me yea i got my pup from one in the area he gave me the rights to breed him.

but like everyone says its a big decision i am aware of that.:D

And i have to say very very smart dog.

I already started training him

he now knows to give a kiss, Sit, Down, And hand shake he just learned it today.

Pics are in my profile and in the gallery

And again thanx everyone:D

Guest snowdog

lovely sibe you have there, all mine on raw, my 10 wk old is on raw n has been since i got him 2 weeks ago, but i do know of a breeder who starts them off on raw from weaning, dunno if thats the right thing to do or not but to me it makes sence as they wouldnt get cooked in the wild , but yep all my three on raw and they are doing really well on it and solid poop since they changed to raw,biggrin.gif