Hello thanks and sorry I'm late responding

Hi and Happy thanksgiving to you all! Finding you was a gift. I needed some information about huskies for a paper I'm working on for school and found a wonderful post right here. I am "owned" by 5 wonderful Huskies: Hero, Apollo, Ivanna, Tuvok and Octavian. Two black and white, two silver and one sable with brown eyes. All but Ivanna are rescues. They are the sweetest creatures you could ever meet, so full of love! I'll have to get more used to this site, I'd love to put up some pictures of them for you to see. Hero is the alpha at 14 years old, he's a combination of husky and malamute, he weighs in at 103 lbs. He's big boned so it fits him well! For all his size he's as gentle as a lamb and beautiful with kids. He's a real therapy dog! I've taken him to visit clients in a local mental health clinic and they just raved about him he was so good with them even the more difficult clients softened when he went up to them and planted a kiss on their nose or cheek. Well I've got to get back to the books, statistics qualitative and quantitative not fun. I'm working on a Doctoral Degree in Pastoral Counseling in the Community. in addition to the parish it's got me running. Take care, thanks again for the warm welcome and sorry it took so long to find where to write back. Blessings!!

Cadfael

Hiya, Br Cadfael, welcome on board :wave:

Seems like you have a wealth of experience to share with us in the husky department! Hero is 14 yrs old - that's a grand old age for one, he sounds like my 6 yr old, Diesel, he's just over 88lbs & all the kids & adults flock to him as he's so gentle!

That was a great introduction to your pack, I hope you find a spare 1/2 hr in your day to upload some pics & share them with us, we'd love to see them. :D

Hello Cadfael, welcome to the site. You sound really busy, studying for a Doctoral Degree and 5 Huskies do you have more hours in a day than us in Britain laugh.gif . Fantastic work you're doing there with your dogs, and yep would also lurve to see some pics...

Hi Everyone!

yes! I am busy! I'm getting down to the wire with statistics classes the last class is December 19 and things are beginning to bunch up as it gets toward the end. I'll have a bit of breathing room after the 19th. I really appreciate the welcome on the site. I do want to post some new picts of my clan, I just need time for more recent pictures. I haven't had time to take any recently. I also have to find a way of transferring what I have from my "Kodak collection" into an independent file so I can download to this site for you folks to see the babies. I also have a bonsai collection that's quite nice. I've just recently added a tree I've been working on for the last two years from a nursery pot If you folks are interested in that kind of thing I'll try to download that as well. If this is a Sibe-exclusive site, I'll forgo the trees and keep to the pups! Let me know, I don't want to fracture the rules!! Sorry! I've got to get back to the studies. I've a phone conference tonight on Analysis of Variants with the class and professor I need to get questions together for that as well as finishing the next module there are only two left but they are packed! Talk with you soon! Blessings to all and give all your sibe babies a hug and kiss from me! Thanks again for the welcome it's much appreciated!

Br. Cadfael

Hiya, Br Cadfael, welcome on board :wave:

Seems like you have a wealth of experience to share with us in the husky department! Hero is 14 yrs old - that's a grand old age for one, he sounds like my 6 yr old, Diesel, he's just over 88lbs & all the kids & adults flock to him as he's so gentle!

That was a great introduction to your pack, I hope you find a spare 1/2 hr in your day to upload some pics & share them with us, we'd love to see them. :D

Hi Val!

Thanks for the welcome and the kudos! I'm still very much a learner when it comes to the Sibes! Just when you think you've got them figured out they come up with another surprize! They are a most wonderful breed and the stuff of legends. I still feel I'm the one whose privileged to have them rather than vice versa. Hero is doing well but us showing signs of his age. He has developed a cataract in his left eye which has completely clouded over. The right eye is still sound and he navigates well. He is a great "presence" and if the youngsters don't watch he "roars!" and has a beautiful howl in fact he always begins the chorus and ends it as well with a wind-up and down. Apollo primes the pump so to speak by barking in Hero's ear until he begins from a low "C" and rapidly crescendos up to a Middle "G" at which point Apollo joins his baratone voice quickly followed by Tuvok who has a sweet Tenor howl. Octavian the youngest is still catching on to the subtleties of Sibe Singings so he "squeaks" his howl in and out with barking bringing the Trio to a quartet. The Colloratora Diva now makes her entrance (Ivanna) with a breathtaking (more like ear-splitting) First Soprano wail that is very reminiscent of "Camille" Third Act (The mad scene). The resulting quintet resounds throughout the neighborhood and if the wind is blowing in the right direction and velocity they can be heard up to 5 miles away! Thank God! the neighbors think their "singing" a wonderful "rustic touch" bringing the wilderness into the urban area. There are many visitors to the run on a daily basis. I call my Sibes my "Ambassadors of Good Will" They really are and are loved much which makes it easier to keep them here.

Thanks for reading this. Got to get back to studies, I'll try to get back later today if not tomorrow. Take care and thanks again!! Blessings!

Br. Cadfael...

• 4 weeks later...