Allergic Reaction

Hi my girl cleo is having an allergic reaction to something and her face is puffing up quite a lot, and around her nose is red but seems to be her eyes that are irritating her the worse im having a panic!! can i give her human antihistamine ? if so is there a certain one that is safe? can't get to the vets till hubby gets home and then that will be emergency hours, thanks in advance for any help !!

thanks anyway,still waiting for hubby to get in, i phoned the vets she was not impressed at me even asking and said no to any human antihistamine.

Very, very unimpressed with your vet as Piriton is actually prescribed by our vet! We've had 3 'incidents' with wasps/bees and administered Piriton in each case (we use the liquid as it's easier to administer than tablets: fill a syringe with right dosage and squirt directly down throat)

thanks anyway,still waiting for hubby to get in, i phoned the vets she was not impressed at me even asking and said no to any human antihistamine.

Really? That's surprising. I've head others prescribed certain meds that are human ones but I guess it depends on the vet in question. They probably want that consultation first to be sure of diagnosis and I'm sure the extra money in their pockets come into it somewhere in the equation too.

Anyway, how is Cleo today?

thanks for the replies, i had read that you could give human antihistamines but thought i would check with vet ,she made me feel worse than what i did because she said not to wait till the evening as she could have eternal swelling !

cleo has been to the vets they said it was probably hayfever gave her a shot ,some antibiotics just in case and prednisolone and a £70 bill but the swelling is going down already and that is the main thing, :)

We had to take Kodiak to the emergency vets on Sunday due to an allergic reaction to something! £124 later and we had one sleepy boy due to the antihistamine jab they gave him :jawdrop:

Holy moly that's expensive! Just for an allergic reaction?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2