• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

:o I missed all this :( damn it! Kalamity is so damn cute so is Kodiak! There so good together how are they doing now?

Love her colouring send her my way? Lol

If I ever make it over there I'm so going to dog nap them lol I'll bring them back :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Not posted in a while about our baby girl. As she's been quite ill :(

Since her first season ended at the beginning of February she has had, for want of a better expression, gunky lady parts! She went to the vet who said it was just vaginitis and she had antibiotics. This cleared it up for about a week and it started again so back we went and more antibiotics were given. At this point we had already booked her in to be spayed at the beginning of April and they said it couldn't be a pyometra. Those antibiotics finished but she was still gunky so a trip to the emergency vet had to be made as it was a Sunday! They pulled her about and prodded and said the same as our vet that it wasn't a pyometra as she had no other symptoms so they gave her more tablets. She was still running about with Kodiak and was just a little off her food but the antibiotics could make her not eat so again we weren't concerned. The next lot of tablets finished and she was ok for a few days but back came the gunk! This was now a week before her spay was due so our vets gave me more tablets for her and said to take her if anything changed. She was still quite bouncy so we waited for her op date. The day arrived and I took her in with little dude, who cried when we left her there, the nurse said they'd ring once the op was over. After a couple of hours the vet rang and was very upset (my heart stopped for a fraction of a second fearing the worst!) she said they'd opened her up and found a massive pyometra!!! In fact if it had been left much longer we could've lost her! The vet was so upset and so were the nurses that they all took it in turns to sit and cuddle her in between patients for the rest of the day. I picked her up that evening and she was very floppy and very bald! The next day she was still a bit floppy but seemed much perkier. By the next day she was wanting to run around with monster dog but we kept them apart for most of the weekend although by Sunday she was running around like a loon and even found the strength to dig a hole in the hall wall! We're 3 weeks from having the op and she's like a different dog. Although she was still bouncy before the op she must've been ill as she's full on puppy again now. Poor Kodiak doesn't know what hit him!

ebazu5ag.jpgama8u8a5.jpgqy5y5yhe.jpg