How Big Do Huskies Get?

I was just wondering, obviously the books LIED, so how big do huskys get ? The books say breed standard (yeah right !) Is 55 -60lbs at full size, for a male, bear is just over 9 months and 64lbs, I don't think he's fat I can still feel his ribs ..... so can someone please tell the in plain English how big can I expect a husky to get

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Males 45-60 lbs and females 35-50lbs. I have three males and they are 60, 55 and 45lbs. But that's just breed standard. They can be bigger or smaller. And when mine were 9 months old they were pretty much done growing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Males 45-60 lbs and females 35-50lbs. I have three males and they are 60, 55 and 45lbs. But that's just breed standard. They can be bigger or smaller. And when mine were 9 months old they were pretty much done growing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I right you measure to the shoulder or withers ?  we tried this a few weeks ago and it was 23 1/2,  not sure I did it right

Thank the goddess for that, people keep telling me 18 months ! Scaring me silly.lol

Just because that's the breed standard, doesn't mean that's the way your dog will turn out. :)

Some breeders do not breed to conform to the breed standard (even when breeding purebred puppies), so when buying a puppy those are the numbers you can expect...that doesn't mean those are the numbers you'll get. :)
This is either due to poor breeding practices (backyard breeding), or breeding to a different standard (racing Sibes vs show Sibes).

I believe mine is a Sibe/Mal cross. He's 26 inches (at the withers) and is 77 pounds. 

And, keep in mind...different kennel clubs have different standards. The United Kennel Club's standards are different to the AKC's or CKC's.