How Big Do Huskies Get?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think it solely depends on the person who bred the dog. If you want a breed "standard" height/weight you have to get a puppy from a show quality breeder. Most of us don't care though  :D  Pongo is 4 years old and 55-60lbs depending on how much he wants to eat or what season it is. He is quite "leggy" compared to other sibes but then again I see tons that look exactly like him. They are all beautiful though  :wub:

In kilos he's 28.70, so compared to big kodi he's a baby,  and feel free to ask, I won't get annoyed unless you ask my weight, actually ask because I've now lost nearly 2 stone ( about 27 lbs so 15ish kilos ) and I'm happy dancing lol

Well done on the weightloss. Khaleesi is 6kg now at 9 weeks, but when we wormed her she had a massive roundworm, so I assume she will start to put a bit more on now. We went back to see the breeder the otber day to get her papers and she is quite a lot bigger than her sister. I secretly want her to be ginormous :)

Well done on the weightloss. Khaleesi is 6kg now at 9 weeks, but when we wormed her she had a massive roundworm, so I assume she will start to put a bit more on now. We went back to see the breeder the otber day to get her papers and she is quite a lot bigger than her sister. I secretly want her to be ginormous :)

Thank you,  and be careful what you wish for,  the main problem I have had with bear is the same one I had with my son, he had a huge growth spurt at a young age and because he was big everyone expected him to act like a much older boy, and when he acted his age they were annoyed, when bear acts like the puppy he is people often think he's just badly behaved, when in fact he's doing ok for 9 months.

Thank you, and be careful what you wish for, the main problem I have had with bear is the same one I had with my son, he had a huge growth spurt at a young age and because he was big everyone expected him to act like a much older boy, and when he acted his age they were annoyed, when bear acts like the puppy he is people often think he's just badly behaved, when in fact he's doing ok for 9 months.

We have the same problem with Kodiak. Because of his size and strength, people forget that he is still just a puppy!!!