What do you do for a living?

Marc

I dont think anyone has posted this yet, so thought it would make a good thread. What do you do for a living /job ?

Personally I write automated reports which gather information from the companies databases and summarise it for analysis. I have also been developing purchase order processing systems for the company that I work for over the past 6 month. I write T-Sql and Visual Basic at work mainly, as well as a lot of business analysis work.

my official job title is a Tele Handler... ( no i dont touch TV'S ) basically i drive a 14 ton, 17 meter all terrain / telescopic Fork lift within the construction industry.... i have lots of different qualifications .... from computer / driving / warehouse and surprisingly Management levels etc but i would much rather drive the forks... less stress.. mon - fri days -- at my speed -- good money -- what more can i say.

Well - guess you will all be shocked by this - everyone else seems to be when i tell them!

Im a Primary School Teacher - teach everything from maths to art! Part of the Senior Management Team and Assessment leader - I could do wit Marc to summarise all the schools data for analysis for me - it takes for ever!

And before any body says your luckyyou get all those holidays think again!

I spend most of my holidays working - out of the 6 weeks in the summer, Im lucky if i get 2 weeks with the family! Thers so muh bloody paper work to do!

im teaching assistant so not as stressful as alex well done to you could not be teacher at all have enough running round as assistant am suppose to be in year 3 but just lately im all over place working in school is slowly turning me against kids ha ha my 2 are fine though x

Am a general dogs body in a supermarket on nights and I love it, its easy no that badly payed and I can swich my brain off when I get there lol

was a baker for 30 years killing myself un happy and fooked off everyday now am a happy camper :)

I work for my partners business as an office assisstant (Hense why Im usually always online here, lol). Partners owns his own vehicle training school. We teach cars, car and trailer, bikes, lorries and forklift at the moment and hopefully expanding to boat and helecopter lessons aswell in the coming years. My partner is the owner and also motorbike instructor and car and trailer instructor and his dad does the whole lot and is currently training Jamie to become an instructor for lorries and forklift. Hopefully I will become a bike instructor in the next couple of years but I haven't been riding, on a full licence, long enough yet (I refuse to be a car instructor!). Jamies mum, Edwina, also works in the office and deals with the money side of things. I just take bookings, but I really don't like it as it can be very boring!!!!

Technically Im an animal carer as thats what I did in college. I was going to go to uni to study Herpetology but a few things got in the way (and I didn't fancy living in America for 3 years!).

also Im mum to 3 huskies which I spend alot my time walking them and keeping the occupied. usually if im not online, it means Im at home with the dogs.

what i do for a living i am a student at thistley hough high school i am a yr8 student going into yr9, hate school. look after my adorable husky kendra i play with my cousins and look after my new 2 born baby cousins. i go the gym, do cardio combat with my mum, play football, like acting, singing, i like to just chiil out.

I am a 50% shareholder/director of a company in claims management and yes i am 21 i have not lied about my age! lol

lol, don't worry I know how you feel! My partner had his own business at 20! We now both 22. Not many people believe that someone young can own a business but he has prooved both Lloyds TSB and Barclays bank wrong as neither of them wanted to help him when he needed it because of his age!

Being indescribably ancient, I took early retirement last year after 35 years as a youth worker in local authorities. Most of that time I was a detached worker, working with junkies, gang members etc etc on the streets. I was also Senior Trainer for the Youth Service and an Associate Lecturer at Brunel University. I loved it, but a few years ago, I was kicked upstairs to Senior Management where I had to sit behind a desk and be politically correct. I hated it and got out at the earliest opportunity.

Now I work full time with the dogs and with SHWA(UK) of which I am National Secretary, Webmaster and a founder member.

Mick

lol, don't worry I know how you feel! My partner had his own business at 20! We now both 22. Not many people believe that someone young can own a business but he has prooved both Lloyds TSB and Barclays bank wrong as neither of them wanted to help him when he needed it because of his age!

I know it is a pain its not too bad for me though because the other director is 31 so they kind of believe us lol we are just in the midst of getting it all set up ie moj licence and vat reg and stuff!!

my hat goes off to you Raindog..... working and helping people who most would claim to be no hopers... to be able to see the good amongst the bad... takes i imagine some patience and understanding... and to then retire and throw yourself into the SHWA ( UK ) they do great work .....WELL DONE enjoy your retirement..

Up to 3 years ago I was a partner in a construction company(hubby was the other partner lol) after having the business for 28 years we decided to have a change, closed the business down, and Hubby went back to lecturing (he did this many years ago) in construction, and I went working for a local large dog rescue center, I originally worked in the reception area, but found that people dumping their dogs on the home on a regular basis was getting to me, so I applied for a different job in the home as financial assistant in the fundraisning department, this works a lot better for me, plus I can take my dogs to work woo wooo.

Mo

Mick, hats off to you for doing that for so long, you must have made a difference to so many people!

I've just got the forms through to work with the SHWA (UK) and hope to be starting that in the near future!

Mo, i'm so jealous, i'd love to be able to take kimba to work with me especially when i have to work away visiting customers, if i had Kimba with me, they might pay me! lol

I'm a reporter/writer for a newspaper in a small rural community. I write everything from obituaries and anniversaries to feature stories. I also work on the ads, take care of subscriptions, do postal reports, and take care of the counter.

I only work part time, so it leaves plenty of time to be pushed around by my loving blue-eyed boy!

Being indescribably ancient, I took early retirement last year after 35 years as a youth worker in local authorities. Most of that time I was a detached worker, working with junkies, gang members etc etc on the streets. I was also Senior Trainer for the Youth Service and an Associate Lecturer at Brunel University. I loved it, but a few years ago, I was kicked upstairs to Senior Management where I had to sit behind a desk and be politically correct. I hated it and got out at the earliest opportunity.

Now I work full time with the dogs and with SHWA(UK) of which I am National Secretary, Webmaster and a founder member.

Mick

im a healthcare assistant, looking after adolescents who have mental health issues. im on a ward for autistic and learning difficulties at the mo, after 6 1/2 yrs on one with self harmers. am enjoying the change, and have worked nights for 10 years.

My hat goes off to the both of you, your both amazing people and there should be more people like you in the world.:biggthumpup: