A Red Agouti Puppy?

Lindsay

I was just wondering if it were possible that my agouti dam has whelped a red agouti puppy?

His fur is obviously different then his copper colored sister and the rest of the other puppies are agouti.post-8221-1358605840319_thumb.jpg

post-8221-13586058398652_thumb.jpg

As far as I am aware, there is no such thing as a red agouti. I would say this pup is a two toned red husky (tri-coloured red) Like Sinead's Keyu:

197850_10150170990940499_1444244_n.jpg

Keyu has a lighter shade of red around the eyes and then a darker saddle back but I think yours will be more copper red with some light red tons, dependent on how the fur changes.

Stacey xxx

As far as I am aware, there is no such thing as a red agouti. I would say this pup is a two toned red husky (tri-coloured red) Like Sinead's Keyu:

Keyu has a lighter shade of red around the eyes and then a darker saddle back but I think yours will be more copper red with some light red tons, dependent on how the fur changes.

Stacey xxx

He reminds me ov Spartan king from blaze n aleu's litter he looked the similar as a pup

Sent from my ST18i using Forum Runner

Well the verdict is in!!!!

I plucked a few pieces of fur from his shoulders and when i looked closely they are banded!!! Yay this is so awesome and thank you all fro the responses. His fur from root up is "red, then black, then red, then white tipped" I am so excited to see this little man grow up and i will keep posted with recent pictures at least monthly.

If i can find a good way to photograph the piece of fur (possibly needing a magnifying glass) i will post that too :D:D:D

Edited by Lindsay
Spelling lol

• 7 years later...

Hi all! I found this thread trying to search for "red agouti"s because I wasn't sure if they were a thing or if it was what's called a "dirty face" mask. We rescued this girl over a year ago and I've always been curious. Anyone have any thoughts? All of the puppy pictures are adorable btw.spacer.png

7 hours ago, AshWae said:

Hi all! I found this thread trying to search for "red agouti"s because I wasn't sure if they were a thing or if it was what's called a "dirty face" mask. We rescued this girl over a year ago and I've always been curious. Anyone have any thoughts? All of the puppy pictures are adorable btw.spacer.png

There is no picture...