Plan for tomorrow night

Marc

So here is the plan for tomorrow night peeps.

11pm GMT the forum will go offline for the last time on the current software. After which I will start the conversion process. If you are interested at any point as to how this is going you can see it from the status updates which will be posted on the conversion update page created by jos (see other announcement).

The downtime will be anywhere between 8 and 14 hours, so I would expect it to be online somewhere between 8am and 2pm GMT on Saturday. So a quick recap on what to expect and some other items I have not mentioned as of yet.

• EVERY user will have to reset their password. When you see the forum has come back online you will see an notice in yellow on the forum which has a link for you to reset your password. You can change it back then to whatever you have at present if you wish through your account settings.

• There will be no usergroup colours when the forum comes back online.

• There will be no shoutbox or any other additions on the forum when it comes back online, such as arcade, stats at top of forum, statuses, newsletter etc etc

What I am trying to do is minimise the downtime as much as possible. So the items which are missing when we reopen will appear one at once, thick and fast. I would fully expect that if you are online as soon as we switch back on you will notice new things almost every 10-15 mins.

Will some things not return? Its inevitable. However in comparison to any other update this forum has ever seen you will not care. Why? Because every missing feature will have been replaced with something better at some point, and we will have an abolutely huge amount of features even after the week. In fact the instant the forum opens and you start to play around you will notice there are items you "just could have done with" that are already available to you.

See you all on the other side.

I've decided it's a good time to re-boot my pc... So if I don't make it to the other side you can assume it didn't go to plan LMAO.

Can wait to see it all this weekend though :up:

I cant wait till tomorrow morning/afternoon when I can chill out LMAO

nooooooooo what am i going to do while HO is down need my HO fix will go cold turky for 14 hour how will louise cope with me not on here lol

Can think about how your gonna recreate you high score on your game in the arcade, and how many more you will have to get high scores on :P