NEW: Indi-Dog Head Collar

Sid_Wolf

Just got back from the nicest walk I've had with Diesel since we got him! :D

Nothing has worked for Diesel, he doesnt listen to voice commands outside as he is so wired, so its been hard to get him to walk nicely, the Walk Your Dog With Love harness we have for the sibes (which works wonders on the Sibey guys) makes no difference to him, and he even manages to choke himself on it (front leading, so how he chokes I dont know)

So I made a head collar, here's some pics:

DSCF8612Copy.jpg

DSCF8613Copy.jpg

DSCF8617Copy.jpg

DSCF8618Copy.jpg

DSCF8619Copy.jpg

Its martingaled at the back, and so tightens when the ring is pulled, which stops the dog being able to get it off, and gives more control, but the over the nose design means that it doesnt cut off the air supply or choke like a martingale collar fitted in the same way

Leading from the back means it is safer on the spine than halti's and other under the chin headcollars should the dog lunge, it also doesnt ride up into the dogs eyes

Padded as standard, it doesnt rub or leave marks in the fur, and is comfortable for the dog to wear, Diesel isn't conditioned to a headcollar, and only tried about 4 times to get it off, and after that he wasn't fussed by it :D

We've finally had a nice, relaxed walk :D and thats saying something with my little stress head staffy :clap:

These are £9 plain (padding as standard) and £10 with ribbon and will be avaliable on the website shortly :)

I love it! Especially how it's padded. I have a Gentle Leader for Echo which I don't really use anymore, only when we're going to the vet to keep her calm in the waiting area, but when I was using it, it would cause chafing and just looked awful! Anyway, great job on the head collar, it looks awesome! :)

and keyus one, pink n purple :)

post-8679-0-33156900-1390839512_thumb.jp

note that keyu has only ever had a canny collar on once, and she done backflips (literally, i thought she was going to hurt herself), i havent conditioned her to wearing it at all, but she is fine with it! I walked her up to the MIL's with it last night (shes gone to stay there as shes now in standing heat and it was making Diesel mega stressed) and she walked lovely, there was a little bit of fighting it at the beginning but after 5 minutes she was fine with it :)

post-685-13586026089609_thumb.jpg

post-685-135860260901_thumb.jpg

post-685-1358602609048_thumb.jpg

post-685-13586026090906_thumb.jpg

post-685-1358602609132_thumb.jpg