Any other single people making it on their own :P

aronoiiel

I'm curious lol I see alot of people on here have families or at the least a significant other to spend their days and nights with along with their fur kids. I unfortunately have been living mostly on my own with my fur kids. I have two roommates but they rarely ever leave their rooms so I might as well not have them. Is there any one else doing the single thing simply just living with their fur kids? I guess I'm feeling a little down and just want to know I'm not alone in my lonely life LOL pathetic I know :rolleyes:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious lol I see alot of people on here have families or at the least a significant other to spend their days and nights with along with their fur kids. I unfortunately have been living mostly on my own with my fur kids. I have two roommates but they rarely ever leave their rooms so I might as well not have them. Is there any one else doing the single thing simply just living with their fur kids? I guess I'm feeling a little down and just want to know I'm not alone in my lonely life LOL pathetic I know :rolleyes:

Well, I'm single...if that counts, LOL!

I'm living with my family still, as I'm still young-ish. I'm sure you're not alone! :)

Was alone for a long time before finding my OH; Parents split, mom worked 2 jobs yada yada. I always found comfort in my dog though :) If I ever felt bad about it (or anything really), I'd just go find her and pet her, which she loooved, and I found it immensely relaxing! I don't know if it would work with my boy now, as he's not a big fan of being smothered with love/attention :P He's still a comforting presence when my OH is gone though :)

Always remember things happen for a reason even if it takes a while! I would've never met my OH if I hadn't been a lonely, gaming hermit for half my life :P

Yep, I'm single and live alone with the furries! There are times when I really wish I had an OH, but I would rather be single than be with the wrong guy - did that for too long when I was married! Would have to be a guy who had similar values to mine, and who really liked the dogs - not easy to find, at least around here...

:grouphug: Thanks guys and gals :) It's really not so much not having an OH to be with really it's more that I guess I have a per-conceived notion that having pets likes dogs and cats should be something one has in a family based setting. It's so prevalent all around even if all you have is that one other person in your life and not necessarily kids or grand kids. All I hear no matter who I seem to talk to is how the couple works together to care for the dog or dogs. It makes me feel pretty rotten have two dogs with just myself to look after them. I leave them alone to go to work and have no other person to stay home with them or come home and give them potty breaks on lunch or what have you. I don't even have a car to take them out to parks with. Heck if not for my dad I never would've gotten any dogs because I wouldn't be able to take them anywhere. It's pretty daunting at times people looking at you like you shouldn't have a pet because you are alone and don't have anything the average family has. Like I said I'm just feeling pretty beat up lately who better to cry to then people who would totally understand how much I love my fur kids and never want to part with them no matter how bad things get :)

It would be lovely to have a husband around who loved the dogs as much as I do, and who would help out with them occasionally (like the last couple of days when I've had the flu!), however, while my ex would take care of them once in a while, even if I went to a show or a sled race for the weekend (which was very nice of him!), it was made clear that they were MY dogs, and while he would do it, he didn't have to like it much! He liked the dogs well enough, and did have fun showing them off on occasion, but he never had much of a bond with any of them... It made things more difficult, in many ways. I kind of felt like he was jealous of them, even though he was more married to his job than he was to me!

I'm single, never been married, no kids, just the fur kid.......I'm so lucky to have him. I lost both my parents within a year and was feeling pretty down, but Diesel has given me a purpose. I love him and I thank God everyday for the love and joy he gives me. I'm with you Tiffany. Oh and I love this forum too

I got Shadow when with my ex he never paid for him etc or walked him much then i got a second Logan i was on my own with them pretty much all the time so might as well have been alone! I then split up with my ex and had to make a hard decision to leave logan with him but i took Shadow as i did not think he would get what he needed but i was unable to take him to my mums so a friend looked after him for me which turned into a relationship but also did not work out I had saved enough money to rent a house and even found a house etc which i couldve got but i didnt want to borrow the extra money and person i was with said it was fine etc as shadow was fine so i then paid off some debts instead and lost alot of my saved money :( Unfortunately that relationship hasnt worked out either due to reasons i will not make public so i am now in save save save mode again to get me and shadow a place sorted asap so i can finally have my dog back with me and yes i will be a single husky mum and to be honest ive been put off men for life lol!!!

Ruth is all alone with two huskies too and I really admire how she manages to do that all with all the other things she has to do :) I'm not here to tell her private life but she said she's much happier now than when she was married. And hey, how can you be completely alone when you have huskies around you? :)

im single - still live with my family but spend most of my time either in the living room with the dogs or in my room with the dogs (bings n skyla)blaze spends most of his time with my mum in her room - n i sit with her occasionally but not as much as i used to - so yup im as good as all alone too

tho i have this place so im never truely alone

i live with my dad Andy but im single and just have my furkids

tbh if men arent put off by my tattoos then they are by the amount of dogs i have...... but i dont care the right bloke will come along eventually.......or ill make one dr frankenstein stylee

yeh i keep getting told i wont meet any1 with my 'face furniture' (peircings lol) but tbh - if hes worth it he will love me for WHO i am and my motto is love me love my dogs :)

kells ur gorgeous if any1 was put off by ur tats then they arent worth ur time anyway :)

tho if u make 1 - can u make me 1 whilst ur there? :P

I know its cliche guys but the right one will come along.

Mine was under my eyes the whole time I was going through a bad relationship and I didnt even realise it for ages!

Alex is my fungus, he grew on me! :wub:

I know its cliche guys but the right one will come along.

Mine was under my eyes the whole time I was going through a bad relationship and I didnt even realise it for ages!

Alex is my fungus, he grew on me! :wub:

that still makes me laugh everytime u say it lol - poor alex being a fungus! :P LOL

yeh i keep getting told i wont meet any1 with my 'face furniture' (peircings lol) but tbh - if hes worth it he will love me for WHO i am and my motto is love me love my dogs :)

kells ur gorgeous if any1 was put off by ur tats then they arent worth ur time anyway :)

tho if u make 1 - can u make me 1 whilst ur there? :P

yeah ill make you a dude nix no probs....he might smell a bit funky but what boys dont????? pmsl

:doglaugh: what can I say, It's true!!! :shrug:

The poor lad... Makes it sound like every time you he steals the duvet you threaten him with some athlete's foot powder. But her he must be a Fungi to be around.... (sorry everyone the taxi is on its way lol)

And remember peoples relationships always look more fun from the outside. You may wish you had what they did but half the time they wish they had their own space too. So just ask your self how often do they argue and cry with what they do to each other the next time you feel envious. It's never a smooth road in life single or otherwise but this is what builds our character. This is not a negative view of relationships I just wanted to pint out it's not the perfect fantasy that you wish you had when you look wantingly at their situation, It will never be that way. Your only beating your self up with a big stick (which everyone is guilty of when they feel low) but this is only a phase and you may fill that space in your life with new friends and not even need a partner to feel happy and complete. It's all a matter of perspective thats all. I have had my heart shattered before now but I will do it all over again as I am sure you all will too. Best of luck to you all with your lives where ever they take you and hey if you make a wrong turn once in a while hey it doesn't matter because on the way you have seen some great things and met some amazing people.

And remember smile you may just make a strangers day and never even know it :) I'm smiling to you now and I bet you have a little smile on your face knowing this... The world is a better place for us both now. I smile you smile.

Oh and as for the Homo-Engineering company up there..... Hmmmm what man part are you going to over engineer first I wonder lol. And you do realise when you put in all your peramiters in his mind on how to act he is coming out Gay right lol. "Hi girls I have this lovely sailor suit. OMG..... I just love your shoes!!" those are his first words I bet ha ha!

lol my ideal guy, wont notice my shoes or like shopping..... he will be loyal though and will be proper buff!!!!!

im not after a perfect guy but one who isnt a complete douche or wants a replacement mother would be a start...

and dont knock my business :( meanie lol...... kells patchwork men...'we decapitate and create'

The poor lad... Makes it sound like every time you he steals the duvet you threaten him with some athlete's foot powder. But her he must be a Fungi to be around.... (sorry everyone the taxi is on its way lol)

And remember peoples relationships always look more fun from the outside. You may wish you had what they did but half the time they wish they had their own space too. So just ask your self how often do they argue and cry with what they do to each other the next time you feel envious. It's never a smooth road in life single or otherwise but this is what builds our character. This is not a negative view of relationships I just wanted to pint out it's not the perfect fantasy that you wish you had when you look wantingly at their situation, It will never be that way. Your only beating your self up with a big stick (which everyone is guilty of when they feel low) but this is only a phase and you may fill that space in your life with new friends and not even need a partner to feel happy and complete. It's all a matter of perspective thats all. I have had my heart shattered before now but I will do it all over again as I am sure you all will too. Best of luck to you all with your lives where ever they take you and hey if you make a wrong turn once in a while hey it doesn't matter because on the way you have seen some great things and met some amazing people.

And remember smile you may just make a strangers day and never even know it :) I'm smiling to you now and I bet you have a little smile on your face knowing this... The world is a better place for us both now. I smile you smile.

Oh and as for the Homo-Engineering company up there..... Hmmmm what man part are you going to over engineer first I wonder lol. And you do realise when you put in all your peramiters in his mind on how to act he is coming out Gay right lol. "Hi girls I have this lovely sailor suit. OMG..... I just love your shoes!!" those are his first words I bet ha ha!