Hi new to the site

Hi to all

My name is Linda i have 2 sib's 1 boy Odin 15 month old. i've had him since he was 8 weeks and he's a big strong boy. walking him is a nite mare for me i have to let my husband walk him (gutted as he's my boy)

also have a girl 2 years old Topaz alot smaller and not to bad on a lead so i walk her (hubbys girl) we've had her for a week now got her from rescue.

They get along just great every thing is good apart from the walking, Odin will not allow Topaz to be infront lol pulls even more he just as to be in the lead at all times, they love being let off lead and just left to run which they do daily for an hour and i must admit now we have Topaz who does come back to us it's easier to catch Odin, used to take us half hour to catch him.

I guess thats it for now i will post pics of the kids lol when i figger out how on here.

look forward to meeting people

Linda x

hello Linda and family, welcome to the pack :)

your sibes sounds lovely, cant wait to see some photos :D If your looking for advise on training a sibe to walk on a loose lead, I have links to the threads we currenly have about loose lead walking tips if you let me know I will send them over to you so its saves you trying to find them :)

feel free to ask any questions and also share your own knowledge and experiences with the breed :)

We have a camping trip organised from Thursday 30th July to 2nd August, you are more than welcome to come and join us :) We are going to north wales.

thank you for your welcome text after reading in this site i'm thinking of getting a walking belt and tring that out on him, i'd like the sites you have for traing please Amy it's worth a try but end of day if it don't work he's still my baby boy no matter how big an strong he gets lol think he's just a born leader as to be up from and just pulls to exersize me i think.

As for the camping we would have loved to come but to short notice for this trip to get time off work as it's my weekend on, but if you arrange more we will be there would be great to meet other Sib lovers.

many thanks Linda x

Hi Linda, welcome to the pack :D

I have grabbed myself a walking belt and it is a godsend!! I dont use it for day to day walking but its great for when you need a lot more control ie at the husky meets we have, i always take mine then i have my hands free for snapping lots of pictures lol

Looking forward to seeing you around the site and getting to know you and your family

Have a read of this thread to learn how to upload pictures http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2734

thank you for your welcome text after reading in this site i'm thinking of getting a walking belt and tring that out on him, i'd like the sites you have for traing please Amy it's worth a try but end of day if it don't work he's still my baby boy no matter how big an strong he gets lol think he's just a born leader as to be up from and just pulls to exersize me i think.

As for the camping we would have loved to come but to short notice for this trip to get time off work as it's my weekend on, but if you arrange more we will be there would be great to meet other Sib lovers.

many thanks Linda x

The Walking bets are brilliant!!!!!!!! I have one for my boys and it makes running and walking with so much easier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Without the walking belt I really struggle to walk Marley and Bandit together even on a short or long lead and all 3 of them together is mission impossible!!!!!!!!!!! With the walking belt I can take Marley and Bandit out together on long leads each without getting being dragged everywhere and when I take gizmo on his own I feel hardly any tugs and pulls :D I bought mine from Kisi Canine http://www.kisi.co.uk/walkingbelts.html however I know Jules (aka. Diefunbaker, Taz n Tori) made her own for less that it costs from here :)

will PM you the threads about lead pulling :)

I have grabbed myself a walking belt and it is a godsend!! I dont use it for day to day walking but its great for when you need a lot more control ie at the husky meets we have, i always take mine then i have my hands free for snapping lots of pictures lol

Or we find Sarah uses it so she has two hands free to stop her falling on her backside.

Steve

Hiya Linda, welcome on board!!! Ive got 2 sibes, bro&sis called Alaska and Balto, We got Balto later as a result of someone returning him back to the breeder. He pulls and his re-call is soo bad we can never let him off. Alaska on the other hand is great off-lead >>> When i say great i mean, if she see's another dog she will dart of and play and then when i call her her usaully on the 3rd time she comes whizzing back >>> she gets a treat and the walk continues, some may say this is so-so >>> However for a husky i'll take it lol!!!

Our trainer gave us a pinch collar, they really work, Balto doesn't pull at all when he wears one, if he does he gets a sharp, short pinch. However its not painful for them, its a shock and feels like a pinch, dogs skin is a lot thicker than ours plus with the sibes double coat i wouldn't worry about them being hurt!

As for re-call were still working on it!

Hope to see you around ;)

nut house? I would say loonatic asylum :crazydance: lmao

I agree, gotta be nuts to own a husky lol ;)

Or we find Sarah uses it so she has two hands free to stop her falling on her backside.

Steve

Oi I would take offence to that comment but ummm kinda true! Lol