OK, what is this? I'm getting worried.

good luck, hope she's ok xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you Sarah. I just got back from the vet's. They are keeping her overnight to get a tooth pulled. It's somewhat costly, but I'll manage. And I'll know everything is ok. It just feels so weird not to have her here!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

awwww just read the thread! Hope she is ok now, sending loads of husky get well hugs n kisses to her from me and my boys :)

about the costs, I know some vets in the uk will allow you to pay a little at a time or be able to do some kind of "deal" if money is tight. Is she insured, will they cover you?

Well, she is healing nicely and seems to be doing very well now. The only thing is, I'm having trouble with giving her the antibiotic pill. I have to give it to her every 8 hours. I put one in her food so that's no problem but I only feed her once a day. I've tried wrapping it in a piece of cheese but that only worked once LOL. This morning, because she likes French bread, I broke one open and spread the contents onto a buttered slice. It worked, but is this ok?

The other thing is this ointment that I was supposed to infuse into the hole where the abscess was. I did it once the way I was supposed to and she didn't like it. She wouldn't let me do it again. I was supposed to do it twice a day to flush the area affected. It closed up rather quickly and I don't think I need to worry about it. Should I? (not that I can do anything about it at this point) She has a follow up appointment Friday.

with the pill you could always try getting a bit of cheese and smooshing it around the pill so it's not just all floppy in there if that makes sense? so make a cheese cube with the pill in?!!!

Been there, done that. She finds it and removes it. from what I understand, breaking the pill and spreading it on buttered bread or whatever is fine. She goes for her follow-up tomorrow. I am not concerned as she has healed nicely. Thanks anyway.:cool:

Excellent! I will keep this in mind in the future. Thank you. :bananen_smilies046: