What do you think?

Kiba

I found a husky at the local shelter.

I met her and had her meet my 19 month old son.

She was very polite. Came up with her ears down, wagging her tail. Didnt jump up at all. Just gently licked both our faces.

I left, came back. Then i brushed her a little. She LOVED that, and just the second time coming to see her she seemed to have already warmed up to both of us even more.

One thing though. She was given up by her owner because her owner THINKS she killed her chihuahua. Either it was her or her other dog. She gave them both to the shelter. (i dont know the breed of the other dog)

I believe it is common for Huskies to attack small animals like cats, rabbits, and maybe this includes Chihuahuas. (the Chi may have even been asking for trouble)

Think is, does this raise any red flags with you guys? Or since she doesnt seem people aggressive at ALL, chalk it up to a high prey drive.

Hi Kiba, welcome to the pack :D

Huskies do have a high prey drive, but are great with humans and children. With any dog, I would never leave it alone with a small animal, I have a cat and my two boys know she's boss lol - even so, i'd never leave them alone together in the same room for a prolonged period of time.

She sounds wonderful, the way she came over to you and obviously likes human contact. There are a lot of members on here that have young children - some only a few months old.

oh wow. Thanks for your quick response. My husband is checking at the shelter to see if she is still there.

I fell in love with her. I hope she is.

I have heard wonderful stories of how good they are with children and you just made me feel so much better. I hope to be a part of the pack if not with her, with another Husky that I will find soon.

I'm a stay at home mom so I can give a Husky a day long companion. Plus I have no other pets... except fish. But they are big enough to eat her. LOL

Oh fingers crossed she is for you :)

Keep your eyes peeled, you will get more than just my opinion and response lol

Have a browse around the different sections and see if any other threads answer any questions - or post as many questions as you like, we all learn something new everyday, even members that have owned sibes for years :)

Or just join in the fun and chat around :D

huskys have a very high small animal prey drive my boy loves trying 2 chase birds and cats and we used 2 have gerbils (they died ov old age not as a snack lol) n he loved tryin 2 get them too lol so i wudnt worry bout it too much hope shes still there for u :D ive got my fingers crossed for u let us all know how u get on! its great that she didnt jump up is good round ur kid and loves human contact too :)

Good for you! Huskies are awsome dogs. With you being home, and not having to work outside the home, you and the pack member should share lots of great moments together.

brilliant news :) she sounds wonderful and I hope all goes well for you :D I have been spending alot more time at home )just me and my 3 boys) and only really work if Edwina has other things to do and its great! We have been having some really nice long walks every day cuddles on the sofa during the afternoon whilst watching a film or playing in the garden if its a nice day. Its brilliant and Im sure you will get some really great happy memories and learn somthing new everyday having a sibe :D

FANTASTIC news!!

I have a 16 month old son...and even tho sometimes yes she will jump up at him, she is still a puppy, only 5 1/2 months, so can't expect much from her! She is very loving towards him and they are the best dog with children in my opinion!

Thanks everybody!!!

I finally have time to post a couple pictures.

She was tired. We had taken her on... 2 long walks and one trip around the big block on rollerblades.

She warmed up to us all SO fast. The neighbors were outside chatting and one lady asked me how long i have had her for. (she was being an Angel. So polite and calm)

I told her.. "Today!" she was floored that she was behaving so well.

I went on a 30 minute walk this morning. She's excellent.

So far i found out she knows. Sit, Lay down, and Shake! lol

She loves her foam bed and last night i gave her the option to sleep on her bed at our feet or go in a crate. She practically RAN into the crate and layed down. She loves the crate.

So i go to the shelter and end up with my dream dog.

She knows most common commands.

She's housebroken

She's crate trained.

She's great with my son.

She doesnt bark.

I cant say enough.

I THINK I GOT A PERFECT DOG!!! (well, you know)

Anyways. Here's us taking a break after the walk. She was good with the stroller too.

post-373-13585943195898_thumb.jpg

post-373-13585943196227_thumb.jpg

post-373-1358594321948_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hey ya,

Welcome to the site!! :D Im so happy to hear that you was able to offer her a new home and family.(we rehomed our sibe aswel) Huskies make great family dogs, we have a two year old son and grey is so gentle with him in play.

Everyone on here is so lovely and helpful and you make friends fast.

Look forward to chatting to you and would love to see some pics of your new Husky.

Mary & Grey

x x x x