Where did you get your sibe from?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got nooks from Marie bates in thinks it was maidenhead would have to look at papers and she was very helpful from the time we first talked she vtted us very well and she also gave very good advice and she still keeps in touch and has said if for any reason we were unable to keep her we could take her back as if rofl I would have to be dead before I could give her up

Missed this thread till now.

Sky came from a pet shop in North London! Shouldn't have bought her, but felt sorry for her, really skinny, last one left cos she's all white. She came with a 5 generation pedigree, and her breeder was then selling some more pups a while later, so I got her phone number and rang. Her sire had endorsements on him, which apparently she didn't know about when she bought him, which is why the dogs were sold through the pet shop without KC registeration. Her dam is KC registered. Her sire got knocked down and killed not long after this litter:(

Diesel came from an accidental mating, I know whats been said earlier in the thread, but it was a guy with a male and female, both KC registered. I visited his home, met both parents, all the pups were very well looked after, and all KC registered. Neither parents were hipscored unfortunately, and Diesel's was very, very bad, so the parents shouldn't have been bred. But I believe the guy that it was an accidental mating.

Lobo and Indy came from a family that were emigrating to Spain - you can't take dogs to Spain you know, theres some law against it!!!!!!!!!!! Lobo was 8 when we got him, Indy 4. Lobo came from a very reputable breeder here in Ireland, L'Orient kennels, and they would have taken Lobo back no problem, but they couldn't obviously take him and Indy, and the owners wanted them to stay together. Indy came from the North of England, someone apparently went to Lobo's owners looking for a pup, they wouldn't sell them one, so they went to the UK, then turned up at Lobo's house again when the pup was a few months old, saying they couldn't handle her, so they took her in. And then unfortunately left her and Lobo out in a kennel all the time, and bred her a few times.:( She is scared of all new people, but is gradually getting better, it is a very slow process, we've had her for just over a year now, I love her to bits, she's a very gentle dog, loves to run and was a fantastic foster mum to Mia's pups.

Vincent was one of Mia's pups - a sibe bitch that we took out of a pound, she was already in pup when we got her. I hand reared Vince and his siblings, and so had to keep one of them after all of those sleepless nights. We decided to keep the one eared, runt of the litter. He's grown so much though, is a very gentle dog, great with the rescues and kennel dogs, loves to play and loves his cuddles. A real fighter, and a very special boy.

We got ours from epupz, a breeder in Barnsley near Leeds, we did a lot of research and contacted and visited many (it was hard to walk away from breeders we didnt like because of course it was not the puppy's fault! but we did)

In the end, there were a few breeders we liked and it came to who had puppies at the time we were able to get one.

We got Koda first and then we just happened to be looking at the breeders epupz page one night and noticed that there was a puppy left from Koda's litter as she didnt get picked up for personal reasons.

We arranged to take Koda to meet her (they were 3 months old) and they have been playing together ever since!

We soon noticed differences between them (not just in personalities) Zikka isnt really, how should I put it.....a full cookie! She doesnt associate one thing with another, unless it is repeated 100 times! She is not fully housetrained (we have tried everything!!!) She has a lazy eye and has a funny little flick in one of her back legs! We found it strange that one of them has a few 'imperfections' and the other nothing (that we have noticed) when they are from the same litter.

But as it has been stated in this thread many times....we love them to bits and apart from the making a mess, the imoerfections are quirks that make them them!!!

Sorry, just thought i'd tell you all some info about our 2! lol

Becki and Andy

• 10 years later...
15 minutes ago, elz56Bw said:

Do you know any rescue center from where we can adopt dogs? 

Do an internet search for husky rescue centres in your area  - this site is based in the UK with members from around the globe  (that is if you are after a husky)   

Luna was a rehome from a rather chaotic household. There were originally 3 huskies, Luna was taken in when she was 5 months old and had been returned to the breeder, the owners had her brother already but had originally wanted Luna. I was asked by my daughter if I wanted to rehome her not long after we had to have our collie euthanised. When we went to collect her there was a house full of people, her brother Zeus and Luna were outside. They brought her in and she was not interested in the people at all, in fact she started licking the floor, she was 6 at the time. When I asked why she was licking the floor the owner said she didn’t know but it was the first time she’d been allowed into the lounge! I’ll be honest, I didn’t take to her at all but to me she seemed depressed, no interest in much at all. They wanted to rehome her because the owner was expecting her 7th child and also had a toddler. The toddler apparently had never met Luna so he was busy grabbing handfuls of her fur, she was totally ok with him though. I said I would take her, got outside and told my daughter the truth, I felt so sorry for her that I didn’t want to leave her there.

We’ve had her 2.5 years, in the first few days I felt totally unable to keep her and contacted a rescue who said they would take her but they’d prefer if we kept her for 6 months. After a week, she wasn’t going anywhere [emoji174] She is one lovely dog, temperament is beautiful, never growls, very sociable with any dog, respects our cats and is no trouble at all. It hasn’t all been plain sailing, it’s taken a long time for her to really settle in and I’m still not sure we’re there yet. She isn’t a dog who comes for cuddles and she often spends many hours outside which upsets me a bit, I want her to be inside with us but I respect her choices. We nearly lost her last year when a bladder stone ruptured her bladder, she’s recovered so well [emoji4] Of the three dogs in that household, the first to be rehomed went to some dope of a woman, she ate a whole banana cake but they delayed taking her to the vet “because it was closed” and they found her deceased the next morning, just too tragic for words. The brother, an extremely handsome dog, began to bleed from his nose and ultimately they found something nasty up there, before they could decide what to do he had some sort of stroke and had to be euthanised, the couple were both heavy smokers [emoji3525] So all three have been through it and only Luna survives, for a lot longer we hope. She is a beautiful dog and is much admired when we’re out. I’ve never regretted taking her in.

54efe001fafe3b8a5b01bb02b82cc202.jpg

My all time favourite photo of her.