Pokemon Thread

Elyse

Ok guys brace yourself for my next post, it will make you go :jawdrop:

lavendertown.jpg

In the original Pokémon Red/Blue, when you encounter your rival in Lavender Town he asks whether or not you know what it's like to have one of your Pokémon die. At this point in the game, he no longer has his Raticate that he used in previous battles.Your rival battle before this took place aboard the S.S. Anne. Your rival's Raticate sustained serious injuries from the battle…but, because crowding and confusion on the luxury liner, he was unable to make it to a Pokémon Center in time and the Raticate passed away. The real reason your rival is in Lavender Town to begin with is to lay his deceased friend to rest.Despite all of this, your rival never outwardly tells you that you're responsible for the death of his Pokémon. He hides his grief and instead channels that energy into the motivation he needed to continue his quest to become Indigo League Champion. The death of his Raticate effectively destroys your rival's impish, childhood innocence. Although he tells himself that he doesn't hold you responsible, he subconsciously holds a great deal of resentment towards you which further fuels his ambitions.Tearfully swearing upon his Raticate's grave to not fail in what he set out to do, he trains hard in hopes of becoming better than you…defeating you…and to eventually make it to the Pokémon League. Mere moments after he became Indigo League champion, he was defeated…by you. Although he fulfilled his promise to his fallen Pokémon, it was only for a painfully brief instant.In the end, your rival is scolded by his grandfather while you receive the professor's praise. During the course of the game, you steal your rival's innocence, crush his dreams, and ultimately snatch away the love of his own grandfather.Oh, and by the way, your rival doesn't have any parents. He's an orphan.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wasn't a fan of using bug Pokemon< i always thought they died too easily. I posted my battle team on my mother's account earlier, but i've made my own account now :P

My 17 year old daughter LOVES Pokemon!!!! She gonna type what she's got. Btw Hannah that stuff about you getting robbed sucks! What a tosser!

My battle team is -

level 83 Typholision

level 60 Ho-Oh

Level 75 Lugia

Level 8 Squirtle (still levelling him up :3)

Level 52 Suicine (took nearly 200 ultra balls to catch him -.-)

level 80 Mewtwo

I have a back up team of all the rare bird Pokemon, and I also have a Kygore too. This is from the Heart Gold version (I'm typing this, not my mother btw :P)

My DS got robbed along with my i-pod nano, my computer and half my dvds and cds when I was 17 from my room in a shared house when my landlady let her good for nothing nephew stay for a few days, he was there one night and when i went to work the next day, by the time i got home my room had been broken into and all the stuff that was left was trashed. One of the only things was left undamaged was a few of my game cartridges for my old gameboy colour that were right at the back of a draw.

:o did u have words with your landlady!?

*looks around* If I say I only play the ruby version and currently struggling to get the SoulSilver version, will I get shunned? :huskyfall:

not at all! I actually really like the Crystal Version. Red was my original game and I am playing gold at the moment from the start again. My pokemon are only around level 40 at the moment and I'm nowhere near having the team I want.

:eek: thats disgusting!!!!

tell me about it! I was so shaken up, I was double checking I'd locked all the doors and shut all the windows every time I left the house while I was staying with Myles' mum, I was paranoid about the house getting broken into and If I heard anything in the night I'd send myles downstairs to check the doors and windows. It totally freaked me out!

Sooo don't play pokemon but this thread keeps popping up so wanted to add that I love Pika =D and did have a cartoon crush on Ash when pokemon was on tv when I was kid <3 Lol and the fact I had the same name as one of the characters =D Anywho cause I keep seeing this wanted to add a lil bit of my wonderful =s rambling <3

funny-pictures-of-cats-dot-info-012.jpg

i dont have any of the older versions anymore - we had the very first yellow 1 i think it was - all i have is diamond, black, n 2 mystery dungeons

Emulators for your pc, you can speed the game up alot more aswell so walking is running, running is biking and biking is just mental lol