Pokemon Thread

Elyse

I used to own the original red, and blue, and then crystal.

Ive just bought a 3ds and would like to play pokemon again, but ive noticed as i havent played for AGE that all the pokemon are different, so guys i want to get back into the game....

where do i start :D

I think soul silver / heart gold are the best black and white are the latest ones out n soon they are bringing out black / white version 2 aswell

Sent from my ST18i using Forum Runner

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think i still have my original GB lol...but bring me screaming into the future i bought a new 3ds, as my original ds is very mcuh on its last legs :)

i found my problem with the pokemon games is i wanted to catch EVERY pokemon, so even after completing the game i would go around filling my pokedex :D

I used to own the original red, and blue, and then crystal.

Ive just bought a 3ds and would like to play pokemon again, but ive noticed as i havent played for AGE that all the pokemon are different, so guys i want to get back into the game....

where do i start :D

If you're going to start with black or white just throw yourself in! Since it isnt like any of the other games and has totally different pokemon it wont be like you're trying to catch up since its ALL NEW :)

• 5 months later...

I just started a new save file in Pokemon FireRed. I'm going to try to beat the whole game using only Squirtle and his evolutions. I forsee swearing and frustration when I reach Lt. Surge...

EDIT:

Side note: I'm selling my Pokemon Black. Anybody want it? PM me if you do, and we'll figure out shipping costs. (Don't have the box with me, so you'll only get the game.)

Edited by SolitaryHowl

I just started a new save file in Pokemon FireRed. I'm going to try to beat the whole game using only Squirtle and his evolutions. I forsee swearing and frustration when I reach Lt. Surge...

EDIT:

Side note: I'm selling my Pokemon Black. Anybody want it? PM me if you do, and we'll figure out shipping costs. (Don't have the box with me, so you'll only get the game.)

Lol goodluck!

Any1 played black/white 2?

And they are bringing out x/y soon too (Oct in UK)

Nope, wanted to get it but i still like the old pokemon games and hadn't seen any reviews so didn't bother getting it lol

Any1 played black/white 2?

And they are bringing out x/y soon too (Oct in UK)

Nope, haven't played the newer ones.

Currently at Misty with my Squirtle (now Wartortle) in FireRed. It's a pain in the butt - using lots of potions!! Very tempted to go back to Viridian Forest to capture a Pikachu, but then that would be cheating. :P

Don't cheat! :P You can do it! lol

I'm concerned my Wartortle won't listen to me soon. He's leveling up really fast (just reached level 30 just before Misty).

Wonder how I'm going to beat Lt. Surge...

And I just realized I'm going to have to catch a rattata for an HM slave.

Edited by SolitaryHowl

• 2 months later...

Wanted to properly respond to you here. :)

My favorite was definitely gen II. I love all of the pokemon. I am a little excited for gen VI to come out in October. Sylveon is suppose to be a whole new type. I am curious to see what it is. But I would have to agree. The first 2 are the best, I remember playing the games and cards with my friends growing up. It was so fun. First gen I'd have to say Jolteon. I am a big Eeveelution fan. Hehe.

I havn't started my Black 2 yet lol.

A new generation coming out so soon? Huh. And here I just finished Pokemon Black. :P

Ooh - I forgot about Jolteon. He's my 2nd favourite of the eeveelutions (favourite is Umbreon). Charizard is awesome too, but apparently EVERYONE likes Charizard and I've noticed a lot of people use him in online play. 

To be honest, the only reason why I've kept Pokemon Black is for the online play/battling feature. And if it wasn't for the fact you can play with the older pokemon, I wouldn't have gotten it - I don't really like many of the newer Pokemon, IMO....they look funny to me (again, I'm biased) :P

Anyways - so I gave myself a challenge to finish Pokemon FireRed (lost my original Red! :cry1:) with only squirtle/wartortle/blastoise. Just reached the elite 4 - I think I've used a bazillion potions so far!

Haha. I am going to have to try that and use one of mine. I don't know who I would use though. I guess no Legendaries, would make it a little easier I guess.

Charizard is cool and all, but he is too popular. My favorite Fire type to use is Typhlosion. Haha.

I have the Reds. Lol. There is a ton on Ebay sold in good condition. I didn't have the one from when I was a kid. There's also a guy on Ebay that makes Custom cases for the older games that are kind of like the DS ones. I had him send me one for Red, Fire Red and Ruby. They look pretty neat with the original artwork that was on the boxes.

Yup. October. I can find a picture of the new starters and Eeveelutions. There is also the legendaries. The new deer looking one looks too much like Virizion. And supposedly they are also going to be the new types they are coming out with in the game. I think they are saying like noise and light is going to be the new types. Which sounds a little funny to me. Haha.

A new generation coming out so soon? Huh. And here I just finished Pokemon Black. :P

Ooh - I forgot about Jolteon. He's my 2nd favourite of the eeveelutions (favourite is Umbreon). Charizard is awesome too, but apparently EVERYONE likes Charizard and I've noticed a lot of people use him in online play. 

To be honest, the only reason why I've kept Pokemon Black is for the online play/battling feature. And if it wasn't for the fact you can play with the older pokemon, I wouldn't have gotten it - I don't really like many of the newer Pokemon, IMO....they look funny to me (again, I'm biased) :P

Anyways - so I gave myself a challenge to finish Pokemon FireRed (lost my original Red! :cry1:) with only squirtle/wartortle/blastoise. Just reached the elite 4 - I think I've used a bazillion potions so far!

This is my 2 year old at Nintendo World. I got her obsessed now too. Which means she will have an awesome child hood too. She will NOT go to bed without her Jirachi or Celebi. It's so cute. Haha.

7724a234-3916-4f64-929e-68c33f025f31_zps

Haha. I am going to have to try that and use one of mine. I don't know who I would use though. I guess no Legendaries, would make it a little easier I guess.

Charizard is cool and all, but he is too popular. My favorite Fire type to use is Typhlosion. Haha.

I have the Reds. Lol. There is a ton on Ebay sold in good condition. I didn't have the one from when I was a kid. There's also a guy on Ebay that makes Custom cases for the older games that are kind of like the DS ones. I had him send me one for Red, Fire Red and Ruby. They look pretty neat with the original artwork that was on the boxes.

Yup. October. I can find a picture of the new starters and Eeveelutions. There is also the legendaries. The new deer looking one looks too much like Virizion. And supposedly they are also going to be the new types they are coming out with in the game. I think they are saying like noise and light is going to be the new types. Which sounds a little funny to me. Haha.

Noise and Light types. That's weird. I think they're running out of ideas... :P

I like using Typhlosion too, besides Arcanine, as my fire type. 

And its weird that they don't classify Charizard as a dragon type. I mean - seriously? He's the most-dragon-looking Pokemon they have! 

I remember, in my childhood, going around to people at school and asking if they want to trade me a Machoke/Haunter so I can get Machamp/Gangar. Fun times :P

Haha - your daughter's cute!  :)

Haven't seen any of the new animes, but I think they should get rid of Ash and have a new character. He's been what - 10 years old for like 10 years now!? What's his secret? LOL

• 1 month later...

Ok so finally started playing white again n I've just beat the elite four :-D

Any1 getting the new mystery dungeon one for 3ds?

Wanna exchange friend codes? I have Black - would love to battle sometime! :)

And nope - I don't have a 3DS. :(

Waiting until my original (phat) DS dies, then I'll get one. (Hey, does anyone know if the 3DS can play DS games too??)

Wanna exchange friend codes? I have Black - would love to battle sometime! :)

And nope - I don't have a 3DS. :(

Waiting until my original (phat) DS dies, then I'll get one. (Hey, does anyone know if the 3DS can play DS games too??)

I'll find my friend code later n post it up

Yeah then can still play normal ds games too

• 4 months later...

I'm excited! lol - feel like a little kid again!

Haven't preordered a copy, though. Going to wait for serebii to post more information about them, what pokemon/areas are version exclusive, etc. 
If I like how everything turns out, I think I'm going to go with X.

Oh and btw...because I won a 3DS I bought mystery dungeon: gates to infinity. It was okay, all around solid game. The storyline wasn't as emotional or dark as Explorers of Sky, and you only had like 5 pokemon to choose from. Wish they would have included more pokemon to play as and given you the option to do the quiz...I loved doing the quiz just to see if I could beat the game with the pokemon that it chose for me. And the main storyline wasn't nearly as hard (easy bosses, though the dungeons aren't type specific which is more of a challenge). I didn't die once on my first playthrough - in my first playthrough on Sky I died like 5 times. 

Silly question but I've still got my sons original Pokemon blue, ruby! Sapphire, silver game boy cartridges. He says he can play them in ds lite but can't save data in them because they are too old. Is he telling me the truth???

Edited by emma1979