Digging in water bowl?

So, Finn, being the character she is, has developed a new habit.

She used to dig in her water bowl when she wanted more water, so I swapped her out to a bowl that had a rubber base and was a little bigger so that she couldn't knock it over, and started giving her a little more free-range on water, but then I noticed my kitchen floor is always soaked.

So, I hid around the corner and watched her after I gave her water yesterday, and she is DIGGING in her water bowl. If I say no, she won't drink any more for hours, and if I ignore it, she keeps digging. She doesn't think I'm watching her, so I just don't get it.

Anyone have any suggestions? She doesn't muck about with her kibble like that, and she doesn't dig outside, even in the sand at the park, or anything.

Thanks a bunch!

Kate

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't you think it amazing that certain breeds have certain traits.

As far as I know, not many other breeds do this, but obviously Huskies do.

Kiana does it all the time, I took her down to my sisters and she soaked their bamboo flooring, needless to say that didn't go down too well.

The other one is the dreaming, or involuntary twitching when asleep, it seems most common in Huskies.

Maybe we should start a thread on common Husky traits.

Steve

Finn does the running, twitching in her sleep thing too. Last night she was doing it while curled up in a ball, badly enough that I woke her up to make sure she wasn't having a seizure or something. It was crazy.

Does anyone have a favorite chewie? I gave up and gave Finn an old pair of my shoes because no matter what else she had as toys she seemed to be stealing my shoes, so that seemed to help.

Eika doesn't do it very often, only when she has been running around like a loon to cool her paws! She did however move the bowl yesterday when we were at work (we have a a water 'tower' type thing) and ther was water EVERYwhere! She hadn't knocked it over tho, just the motion of moving it caused it to spill! that'll teach me for filling it up before we left!