Digging in water bowl?

Bandit used to dig in his water bowl, was funny to begin with until a few days later and I was forever slipping over and getting soaking wet feet! I thought at first that maybe it was die to him being too hot and was digging to cool himself down. But wasnt showing any other signs that he was too hot. So I tried to stop him doing this by playing around the house more often with and without toys to help keep him stimulated which definately helped him stop this. He still does it now and then but no where near as oftern as he was.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bandit used to dig in his water bowl, was funny to begin with until a few days later and I was forever slipping over and getting soaking wet feet! I thought at first that maybe it was die to him being too hot and was digging to cool himself down. But wasnt showing any other signs that he was too hot. So I tried to stop him doing this by playing around the house more often with and without toys to help keep him stimulated which definately helped him stop this. He still does it now and then but no where near as oftern as he was.

I know what you mean. I had the same thought with Asha, as the first time I really noticed her digging in her water bowl it was really hot outside, so thought she needed to cool down. Found a really large bowl and put it outside for her, but it turned out she just wanted to have fun and get all of the water out of the bowl and onto the floor lol.

I was going to get her a larger water bowl for indoors as I must refill the one she's got at least 5 times a day but have decided against that now, as my floor would just be soaking wet all the time!! She occassionally does it in her food bowl when she has run out and wants more lol ;)