Out and about - post pics here

Sarah

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow how do they keep the Samoyed so white!!

Lovely pics and vid smile.gif

it doesnt swim, and they use a whitening shampoo, and brush it every day. I used to use a shampoo for white dogs on micha before she decided she loved swimming, now i use shampoo for smelly dogs plus the dirt just seems to fall off

Guest snowdog

woooooooweeeee, oooh i love the white huskies, well love em all sorry neeko and neo, but they look so stuning, she looks amazing with the background, we are having our white pup in 2/52 time, hope she grows up as stunning as yours x

wish we could let ours run free, could never trust them to come back to us though, so lovely to see them run free like nature intended great vid. (jealous grrr)

Took the dogs on a "dog walk" at the lake - they decorate every year for a lights on the lake drive-thru, and they held 2 nights of walking to preview the lights. Last night was the dog walk, where people took their dogs with them. It's a 2 mile drive (4 mile walk down and back). Our two LOVED it, and were well behaved once Haley had her halti on.

DSCF2911.jpg

DSCF2916.jpg

DSCF2910.jpg

Thanks for the comments, they had a great time on the walk!

Haley is a completely different dog when walking on a halti versus a harness or collar. With the harness/collar, she pulls and pulls and pulls! And lunges, jumps, ect. Some days she'll walk very well, other days she just decides "nope, not walking, don't want to listen". Especially with other dogs/people around, she pulls to get to them so she can socialize! But when the halti is on, she's at my side the entire walk, she looks at me when I say her name/talk to her, listens to everything I say. And she doesn't pull or fuss about other dogs or people. We tried the walk without the halti at first, but she pulled so bad that we put the halti on. Took it off halfway through the walk since she was being so good, and ended up putting it back on since she decided to pull again. The difference between halti and no halti is amazing!

I even went out today and got Kahtadin one (the gentle leader for him, since I couldn't find a halti in his size. The gentle leader that he has works for dogs between 25 and 60 pounds, so he'll be able to use that for a long time). Got it fitted, let him wear it for a while, and then took them both for a walk, Haley with her halti and Tadi with his gentle leader. And what a difference, the best walk we've ever had! No pulling, no fussing, no fighting. Once they realized they could walk next to me comfortably, it was praise and treats the entire way. They walked past the pug down the road, got a little excited, but once we were past they continued their calm walk. So I plan on using both for every walk now.

I would recommend letting your do wear the halti for a while so he gets used to it before walking him on it, that way he's not trying to pull it off. That way he'll accept it when he goes on his first walk with it. Treats help too. There are detailed instructions for the halti, and the gentle leader has a dvd that explains how to use it, I'd recommend reading through all instructions, or watching the dvd. ANd for the first walk, do a short one so he gets used to the halti, maybe around the yard for a bit until he's not fussing about it (Haley's first one was up and down the driveway for a while).

Hope that helps a bit!

So since I just found this thread I thought I would post up my contribution!

Pics are of Kaya (7 months) and Jasper (3 yrs - shep/rottie) during a walk through a wooded park in Windsor, ON. I was hoping the leaves were a lil brighter but hey, what can you do lol....such is life.

Enjoy!

IMG_3458.jpg

IMG_3459.jpg

IMG_3465.jpg

IMG_3470.jpg

IMG_3471.jpg

IMG_3484.jpg

IMG_3475.jpg

IMG_3474.jpg

IMG_3472.jpg

more to come...