Out and about - post pics here

Sarah

oh wow great video - is that his fur on the field lol

Looks like he found a nice husky hole too!! LOL

Do you have a post code of the dog park or something near by - had no idea there was one there just wondering how far from us it is

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have a post code of the dog park or something near by - had no idea there was one there just wondering how far from us it is

It's behind Queen's Park baths on Boundary Road, St Helens, it used to be 3 bowling greens but since the bowling stopped, the council use it for a doggy park, it's big enough for huskies to let off steam, usually other dogs there, too, not many, but Myshka usually plays with them no problem & Diesel is too laid back to care! You can park on Lingholme Road, always loads of parking spaces whenever we've been, no matter what time of day, which is at the side of Queen's Park, the park is quite big to walk around, too.

But it's about 35 miles from Rochdale ........... post code of baths is WA10 2LT

Well i thought i would borrow next doors neighbours kid and his bike for a while;) Wanted to see what all the fuss was about..so i put Alaska's harness on and attached her to the bike..and of course told the little boy (Kray) all was "kool" ..... I told him to say "HIKE HIKE HIKE" and he did and it was like a duck to water lool...he had to put the brakes on as she seemed to ignore the the "Whoaaa" command:rolleyes: Okay after that he was off the bike and refused to go back on but i managed to dupe him back on with sweets so i could take a few pics...then it was my turn lol I couldn't believe she pulled my fat arse up a hill..she went crazy...very fast this one...and before you ask the reason i didn't let Balto have a go is cos i like my life!!!!! I was on a bike miles too small, BUT im gonna buy a new bike with the best brakes ever (lol) and they can both have a go;)

Heres Alaska sniffing on the job:

[ATTACH]2384.IPB[/ATTACH]

Stretching on the job:

[ATTACH]2385.IPB[/ATTACH]

Ready to run poor Kray into a tree:

[ATTACH]2386.IPB[/ATTACH]

Finally facing the right way;)

[ATTACH]2387.IPB[/ATTACH]

Her with me behind her, i told her to wait while Kray and Baltz ran down the end and then called her...and told her "on by" as we passed them >> she was very good:

[ATTACH]2388.IPB[/ATTACH]

And then we found a bench in the shade and she looked at me with this weird glint in her eye >> gosh never seen a husky so happy:

[ATTACH]2389.IPB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2390.IPB[/ATTACH]

Now she pulls all the time, normal walks seem to do very little and for some reason shes got it into her head when she wants soemthing she cant get (like the dog on the other side of the road!) if she goes into HIKE mode she'll not only get there but get treats from me...oh dear God what have i done lol >> Its like i have woken up the Siberian in her!!!

post-126-13585943701438_thumb.jpg

post-126-1358594370217_thumb.jpg

post-126-13585943702924_thumb.jpg

post-126-13585943703774_thumb.jpg

post-126-13585943704418_thumb.jpg

post-126-13585943705028_thumb.jpg

post-126-13585943705897_thumb.jpg

lol a point for you buying a bike dont worry about an expensive one! You dont wanna spend loads of money on a bie when its likely to get scuffed and scratched and probably beatedn about a few times

the one I have is only very basic and only cost 50 not tried it with the boys yet as not got the equipment but I would prefer to spend that spend that much and get it wrecked whilst leaning it all than spend loads and have it ruined and probably regret it