Thoughts and prayers, please!

sutsibe

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been praying for you Gigi! Love Jeremiah 29:11-13(New Living Translation):up:http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=jeremiah 29:11-13&version=NLT

Thanks, Brian - one of my favorites, too! (Your prayers are also appreciated!) 080508-221635-958007.jpg

Hey Gigi, good luck :) I am sure it will be yours as they know you already and that's a bonus, hope its yours soon x :angel: <<<< praying now !

Thanks so much! I'm hoping, but try to never take anything for granted... :whistling:

Sometimes, life has me feeling like this - :dog3: or like this! - :huskyfall:

For all you who are thinking of me/praying for me!!! --- :cookies:

• 3 weeks later...

Well, not the news I wanted to hear, unfortunately. I found out last night that the position I wanted has been filled by a person who has more experience than I do, so I'm still looking. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers, still. Not sure what I'm going to do if I don't find something soon!

Aww Gi. I'm sorry. You can't give up now........Have you gotten your class information out to the public? Make that your goal for today. You can't sit and worry - do as you're best at: stand back up and push onward. I have faith in you as do your pack. No one is behind you more!

Aww Gi. I'm sorry. You can't give up now........Have you gotten your class information out to the public? Make that your goal for today. You can't sit and worry - do as you're best at: stand back up and push onward. I have faith in you as do your pack. No one is behind you more!

:grouphug:

:(

I hope you find work soon! I heard teachers in the U.S don't paid nearly as much as teachers in Canada...but moving isn't really an option for you, is it?

Suka and I are rooting for you as you've rooted for us in the past.

Are you qualified to teach anything other than Spanish?

EDIT: And I just found this link:

http://www.iareap.net/jobsrch.php?srch=100&position=

Although I couldn't narrow it down further as I don't know where in Iowa you live in.

Gigi, there must be something better in the works for you. We are all behind you.

:(

I hope you find work soon! I heard teachers in the U.S don't paid nearly as much as teachers in Canada...but moving isn't really an option for you, is it?

Suka and I are rooting for you as you've rooted for us in the past.

Are you qualified to teach anything other than Spanish?

EDIT: And I just found this link:

http://www.iareap.net/jobsrch.php?srch=100&position=

Although I couldn't narrow it down further as I don't know where in Iowa you live in.

Thanks, Elyse, I appreciate it! Moving would be pretty difficult, although if I don't get something soon (anything!) to pay the bills, I may have no choice. I could teach English or Special Education with what's called a "conditional license", as I'm more than half-way (I only have a few classes to go for either), as well. I appreciate the link to Iowa Reap - I'm registered - although I need to update and activate it again - what I'm doing right now! - so, hopefully...

Thanks so much @Mazz, @Valkyries, and @Zoya&EisasMom!!! Having your support means a great deal to me...

hugs gigi - im sooooo sorry to hear this - good luck in finding something - it wont be hard hun ur awesome lots of love from me n my pack - massive husky and bingo hugs! xxxxx

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Nix - Nice to have someone have faith in you when you're finding it hard to feel in yourself!

Sorry to hear this, and I know how you feel. Branch out and see what you can do with Spanish and doing something else...no doubt there are bilingual jobs out there. It wasn't meant to be....

The problem, Nanci, is that while I speak it well enough to teach it, I'm not fully bilingual - and there are enough hispanics around the area who are that I'm not likely to find much that would pay what I need... I worked on finding out what else is out there, and doing some research. Fingers crossed...

chin up girly..been there done that with the countless letters of thanks but no thanks.. It was so frustrating to be told that they had got someone with more experience!!! I am a fork lift truck driver and have spent years loading and unloading lorries, and hooning around the yard!:f1:.. i got so down and began to wonder if it was because i was a woman of a certain age or the fact that i was english! (my last manager was replaced by a pole who wanted a polish warehouse crew).. but i stuck with it and have been a production supervisor for a year, while still hooning around on the trucks, i love it and the boss loves me! so, see it will work out. god kept me out of work till the perfect job came up! maybe thats what hes doing with you..