Thoughts and prayers, please!

sutsibe

I'd like to request that you would all keep me in your thoughts (and in your prayers, if you pray!). I've been largely unemployed for the past 2 years, scraping by on what I could make substitute teaching. I just applied for a position teaching high school Spanish in a nearby town. I have a foot in the door, as I subbed in that classroom for 6 weeks last fall (for a maternity leave).

Not sure what I'm gonna do if I don't get a real, full-time job soon, so -- thanks ahead of time!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prayers AND Husky Hugs from Zoya and Eisa are enroute.

Good things happen to good people Gigi- and my instinct tells me that you are good people.

I know how you feel. As I own my own buisness, and the economy in the tank, my income has become desperate also.

Since I don't have unemployment to fall back on, it makes it pretty tuff.

I think I have a prayer or two for you Gigi-

Best of luck

I feel your pain Gigi and good thoughts and husky hugs to you. It all happens for a reason though. I know that if I hadn't been largely unemployed throughout much of last year I would not have made friends on here with you and others, and have such a great handle on my boys. Looking forward to Iowa....need to make some plans. We all have something to look forward to. Good luck!:woohoo::doglick::angel:

Thanks, all - your support, thoughts, and prayers mean more to me than I can say. I'm usually the kind to keep it all inside - private. Hate asking for anything! George, I try to be good people! Nanci, I know YOU would understand it! (Dang it! You have me teary-eyed!)

@Roxy1, @HuskyHijinx

He's been faithful so far, so that makes it easier, but I get so tired of living on the edge! You know how people ask you to step out in faith? I've been out of my comfort zone and doing that for years, now! (I'm tired!)

It does get tiring, I know- but all you can do is keep at it, make a plan, change a plan, whatever it takes.

You earned the right to feel down once in a while, but ya can't stay there. It's a matter of spirit and survival.

I would think you are a survivor Gigi - and with spirit.

Things always look brighter in the daylight. So just keep you're chin up and your eyes open.

Thanks, Jess!

It does get tiring, I know- but all you can do is keep at it, make a plan, change a plan, whatever it takes.

You earned the right to feel down once in a while, but ya can't stay there. It's a matter of spirit and survival.

I would think you are a survivor Gigi - and with spirit.

Things always look brighter in the daylight. So just keep you're chin up and your eyes open.

What other choice is there? Sitting down and giving up isn't an option...

Thanks, Tania! I sure hope so! Don't know what I'll do if I don't get some real income in soon! I'd hate to lose my home - it would involve losing my buddies, too, which would be about the worst thing I could imagine!

Thanks, Tania! I sure hope so! Don't know what I'll do if I don't get some real income in soon! I'd hate to lose my home - it would involve losing my buddies, too, which would be about the worst thing I could imagine!

i totally understand that Gigi,a few years back we were desperately struggling

being self-employed,when its good its great ,when its bad,its really hard

we had a huge struggle on our hands to keep our home........but we did it.........and so will you!