Students to help train dogs?

Some of you may know I am a lecturer in Animal Studies and a few days ago we found out about a module change, typical!! So we have just scrapped a subject and it has been replaced by something else. Well part of it is animal training which includes doing some theory behind it and then actually putting some training into practice.

So today I had a brainwave, I have always intented to train Tikaani and Aiyana to pull for scootering. What if I take my two in and I can get the students to get them started on the commands and some light pulling (with a tyre)? It may only be a matter of about 4 sessions so would only be the initial basics.

The training won't start till the new year and by then Tikaani will be 2 and Aiyana will be 1.

I think they would really enjoy it and will give them something different to do.

What do you guys think?

Any suggestions/ideas welcome :D

WOW that sounds AWSOME! Wish they'd had that when I was doing my course! From what I was talking to Sid it sounds pretty similar sept I was at Brackenhurst instead of Ipswitch...oooh Naomi if you need any help I would volunteer for you any day! I can come by myself if can get someone to watch my pooches oooor could bring them along as they already know the commands been working on it with them for ages, they pick um up really quick too! :)

Sounds great :) When I was at college the lecturers (think thats right!) brought their dogs in aswell. If me and one my mates had some free time we would often go down there and take the dogs out for a walk. We did a few training sessions and was allowed to bring our own dogs in for it and also for dog grooming too and was told we didn't need to worry about insurance, etc just that they had to be up to date with booster vacines, de-flead and wormed and that we understood that we were soley responsible for our dog/s.