which city/town/suburb has the most amount of husky owners

Hi everyone. We're new to this site and we found out about it from a really nice owner who just joined a website for pets that we have been members for almost a year now (it's new and is called Pettell.com if anyone is interested). The owner of the website is a really great guy who I have been lucky enough to meet and adores my huskys. He asked me if I happened to know which city/town/suburb has the most amount of husky owners. I figured where better to post this question then to a site made up of the most wonderful breed I have ever been lucky enough to have in my family. Would anyone happen to know the answer to his question? The numbers of huskys on Pettell are growing and I have to admit that I am amzed at where some of them live (He has husky's from bulgaria on the site and alot of other countries). It's really nice to see pics of other huskys in other countries besides the USA. I hope someone can answer his question. Thanks everyone and we look forward to using this site and getting to know more about our huskys.:)

Hello and welcome to the site :)

Your photos are brilliant :D Beautiful sibes

I wouldn't know which area has the most sibe owners exactly but as a guess I would say North UK here as most members from the UK here are from the Midlands upwards at the momnet but we are getting more members joining everyday from all over the world so who knows, that could all change.

Hope you enjoy being here and make loads of friends :)

I'm not to sure about that question I would love to know the answer, I was told by a few people that have been to the North west territories (north of Canada) That most people in Nunavut get around by Dog sled or skidoos! I was told that yellow knife was the same way one guy told me that everywhere you looked there was huskies, malamutes ,and Alaskan huskies, I don't know if its true or not though

Wow what great answers, and such beautiful huskys as well. It sounds like the North UK and the North West terrortories would sound right though. I'm going to let him know that I posted the question here and that I am going to wait for a few more answers before I give him the one mentioned most. I think we are going to like this site. You all sound like you have great personalities and a true love for our sibes.Thanks everyone. And if any of you happen to be from the Long Island area of NY and would like to try and get together to let our dogs play let me know. Cain & Frankie have a few husky friends that they play with at the dog park and when they take off sprinting it's truly a beautiful site.

locally, I'd call it Raleigh, NC! Just my friend Dawne's house would qualify, she founded Southern Siberian Rescue and personally has 35+ in her home at any one time! (Yes, she is the one in the destruction pics) She is NOT one of those crazy ladies with an out of control situation... she keeps them all crated, vetted, fed and exercised, all while doing home checks and a full time job!

She has placed over 500 huskies in the NC/VA and SC area, so I know we have a lot here!

I'f their was a way to nominate her for Husky Sainthood, she'd have my vote!

35+ Sibes!!!!!!!! WOW thats alot of work that she must put in to them (as in feeding, grooming, vet visits, etc). Its good to hear that there are people out there doing as much as they possible can to help :D

really! we donate to the rescue but last Christmas I was tempted to send her a gift certificate to a spa or massage! LOL RIch didn't get it and thought the rescue needed the money more than she needed a spa day!

-men just don't get it!

Despite the few that we have in our house ;);) I think that here in the UK, the biggest concentrations will be in Scotland and East Anglia. I know loads of people who have caught the husky bug and moved house to Norfolk or Scotland so that they've got more room to work their dogs.

Mick

I know loads of people who have caught the husky bug and moved house to Norfolk or Scotland so that they've got more room to work their dogs.

Mick

too true, Mick. after a year with Tala and MUkki we bought a house in the country with 4 wooded acrees and got 2 more sibes!

our adoption application asked "how much do you think a husky costs?" Rich now says about three years salary!

really! we donate to the rescue but last Christmas I was tempted to send her a gift certificate to a spa or massage! LOL RIch didn't get it and thought the rescue needed the money more than she needed a spa day!

-men just don't get it!

I think if any one deserves a day of relaxation, she does having to look after so many sibes 24/7! Yes the rescue would prefer the donations but Im sure she would love a day at the spa as a personal gift.