I thought the family should know..........

Lil Miss Bump

Dad's cancer is terminal.

Basically the cancer he has doesn't ever GO.

It hangs around and comes back bigger and worse than the first time.

He has lumps in his nodes in his groin which have been kept the same size due to the chemo (which is really good)

He may have a year left-he may have 10.............but 10 is unlikely.

The chemo has worked really well and hardly given him any side effects which is a bonus :-)

He's been reffered to radiotherapy who we are meeting with next wednesday to see what they say but basically all of this is prolonging his life rather than to 'beat the cancer'

Don't really know what else to say to you guys if I'm honest, I am doing ok and so is he-we both knew it would never go but I actually sat and had a big talk with his Dr today and got him to tell me everything as dad is quite......i duno.....cagey when it comes to talking about it.......basically he doesn't like talking about things that dont have proper answers-which is why he's not talking about the future etc.............

i was telling him about the bucket list today and the one thing that really made me smile was that he has nothing on it because he's travelled the world, had kids, got even better adopted kids etc :) that to me is great because if anything DID happen soon he'd go with no regrets.

He means the world to me as you all know so I DO expect some crappy times ahead but I've had 8 years with the best adopted dad in the whole world and I hope I have many more-but I refuse to dwell on it-as he certainly aint.

Thank you all for all your thoughts, love and support. I'd appreciate it if you didn't talk about it on facebook as there are a lot of dad's friends on there and non of them know what is going on with it.

lots of love

Diz

xxxxxxx

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's a brave post, Diz, I know what you are going through, I went through it 2 yrs ago. All I can say is see him as much as you can, enjoy every minute, create fantastic memories that you can cherish when the time comes & make the most of each day knowing you have time. That is something I never got, but in the 3 months between diagnosis & his death, we laughed as much as possible.

You know where I am, hunny, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

if you ever need anything we are here for you hun xxx

my cousin was told he had months to live, and a year and a half later he is cancer free, so you never know hun, there is new technology being developed every day.

Will be thinking of you and your family xxx

Hang in there hun and make the best of whatever time you are given. The doctors do get it wrong as well, I have known people who were told they only had a couple of years but lived for 20.

So glad to hear that your Dad has 'lived' and doesn't feel like there is anything that he wishes he had done or that he really wants to do. There are lots of people that can't say that.

Just remember we are all here for you if you need anything

Oh Diz, what can I say. You and your dad are in my prayers. A day at a time. Be strong for your dad.

i know i'm new on here but would just like to send you some hugs.

i've been through this too and lost my mum 5yrs ago, only we only had 2 and a half mths from diagnosis til she left us for pastures new.

cherish every moment hun,i'l be thinking of you and your dad.

Best Wishes.....Tan xx

Hi Diz

i dont know you that much but from reading some of your posts you make me laugh with some things you post...:) i can't say how you must feel but my best friend has lost his dad, sister to cancer and his brother has an incurable brain tumour and all in the last 2years, i will tell you the same as him... if you need to talk there is always people who will listen, including me... all the best and hope your dad knows how much you think of him..

Mark