Guys I need advice, Kira's depressed :(

Sid_Wolf

Help :(

I've been trying to ignore it, and tell myself it's not true and I'm imagining it, but I can't put it to the back of my mind anymore...

Everyone has said it, Gerry, Rick, his mum, his sisters.... Kira is not the same dog....

She is lethargic, just sleeps constantly, has stopped eating, barely wags her tail at the moment, is a lot more cuddly, and she wont play, not with Grey, and not even with Buster, this is the dog who lived to play with Buster, now she just sits there :(

She even just looks depressed, ears splayed, tail down, eyes look sad :(

She's been like this since thursday when we got home...

Will she get better? She obviously preferred having us and her house all to herself, tho she was never a spoilt dog before. Does she just need to get used to the fact that she isnt an only dog anymore??

Im so confused, and I hate seeing my baby girl like this :(

Zoey was like that when we first brought Cesar home, she refused to snuggle with us anymore and would just lay under the kitchen table. She acted like that for the first two weeks we had him at home, and once she realised he's not dominant over her, and that she was still the boss, she perked right back up. He really respects that she was here first and that she shared her home with him, so she is ok now. The two of them are inseparable, and she is starting to let him sleep on her blanket with her, which she never did before :)

I thought on thursday that she didn't look that happy, ears to the sides & looking a bit down, i did get a small wag from her @ 1 point & hugs but she didn't seem interested really in anyone.As you said she was probably tired . She may be a bit jealous of having another dog living with you all now , do you feed her first & make sure she has her lead on first etc ?. she sounds just like mishka & the moment. Just give her lots of fuss ,hugs . Keep us informed on how she goes over next few days huni.

They are fed at the same time, and if Im walking them on my own then yea her lead goes on 1st, if ricks coming too then they go on at the same time.

Do you reckon working them together will make them closer? Like he is part of her pack??

could try running them together, if he keeps pestering her you may be better running with a staggered line with her @ the front a small distance so he can't get to her this worked with sisko when she kept playing with kav when running. Now she can run next to him but if she messes about next time she goes on staggered line again but she is much better now. Running them together does help dogs bond together sometimes.

Odin was like this first when we got Loki then again when we got Thor, he was used to all the attention and being an only dog. it lasted a few weeks but he did come round to realising we still love and spoil him the same as we always have xxxxxx just give her time she's used to having you to her self xxxxxxx

Oh sid im sorry to hear this, agree with other posts im sure she is just feelin down as she is not the only dog now, im sure she will perk up and be back to her old self again, keep us informed on any changes my fingers are crossed she perks up and her and Grey become a good pack together xxxx

Just to clarify, Grey is here to stay, I just needed to hear that it was normal :) I had a feeling it might be, I just dont like seeing my girl like this

Tho she seems happier tonight, she went upstairs when Rick went for a nap (he was on a late then an early) and she seemed to enjoy one on one time with him, even if it was just a sleep :) and she seems very content now she's been for a run :D

Im sure everything will be fine, the spoilt brat will just have to get used to it!!

Glad to hear she is a bit happier today.

I am sure it is probably all down to her not used to the share of attention. She has been with you two for quite a while so it must be a big change for her having Grey there. She will soon get used to it hun xx

When we got Aiayana Tikaani was just over a year old so he loved the fact he had a playmate ;)

Though he wasn't depressed like Kira he has always been jealous when we pay her attention and will do all he can to get inbetween us and her. Sometimes he is not that bothered but he has always been more independant and never that cuddly.

Saying that he wouldn't leave me alone tonight?! :unsure: