Britain's Unwanted Pets

Dunc

Oh dear this is not going to be a good day... someone just sent me the "just one dog" video (I think we've had it up on here before) about someone rescueing a dog at christmas.. made me bawl like a baby... If I watch this too I think I'll have a complete break down at the state of the world! Its just so utterly disgusting that lives are seen as disposable! :crying:

oh god sarah don't send that on to me! i don't do videos that make me cry!!! can't even watch secret millionaire without crying!!

Oh god I know I watched that the other day and was going through tissues like no bodies business! Although that restorse some of my faith in humanity but then programs about animals tend to destroy it! :(

i watched this last night and it did upset me, but the problem is i don't think it will have any effect on those doing the wrong, the dog being PTS, they won't care so i don't think this programme will help at all. And like the minister said, if they bring in a dog license, the responsible owners/breeders will get one and will fork out more money, whereas the irresponsible ones won't so you're basically taxing the good and not the bad - where's the point in that?

I watched this programme and agree that the only people who will be really affected by it are the already responsible dog owners.

On the other hand at least it has been shown and is bringing attention to the masses that this is happening and highlighting that something needs to be done about all the indescriminate breeding of puppies by greedy people just wanting to make a quick £, as well as all the irresponsible people who just see a dog as a throw away commodity.

We have 2 foster dogs with us currently. One through no fault of his own has already had 2 homes and is looking for his 3rd hopefully forever home and the other one because after 1 month her owner decided she didn't want her any more and took her to the Vets to be put to sleep!! Fortunately someone contacted SWHA and she is now staying with us untl she is rehomed. Both of these dogs are only around 2 years old. They are only 2 in thousands this happens to every year and I just wish that more could be done :(

Watched it last night, its so sad the state of this country when it comes down to dogs, im all for making people have licences to own dogs, unfortunatly i also think the number of dogs need to be cut down as there is just so so many of them that nobody is willing to rehome and that will mean putting down a perfectly good healthy well behaved dog but its something that will end up having to be done as it cant go on there is only so much room shelters have..

Did feel sorry for the Staffy they found stray he was so well behaved but because he pulled and growled at another dog he was put on death row!! good god how many people on here have a Husky who does that? i know grey does that when on lead! i thought fupp me poor Grey would be on death row if he was in there....lol

Oh bye the Way that Akita was stunning!! i wanted him so bad.....