Chatroom - Under 16s

Marc

Hi All,

We have been having some discussions regarding the rules of the chatroom and have decided that we will no longer be allowing the access of users under the age of 16 to this area.

We have come to this decision as this is primarily used late at night by the adult members of the forum and we would like to generally take a more liberal attitude toward the rules we have in place within this area. Therefore as of now there will be no limitation on language that can be used within this area of the forum. This does not remove any other ruling regarding the chatroom and anyone using foul language to flame another member will be treated harshly and should expect as much the same as you would on the forum.

Although these rules have now been relaxed, please can I ask you to use a little common sense. We have not removed them for it to be a running joke.

Regards,

Husky Owners Staff

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

welll i might actualy have it sorted as of next friday they are changing over the net provider and getting whole new server set up and will charge customers to use wifi with vouchers i have to print off it's been added to my ever extending work list (though this is minor) i will print off extra ones and log on via wifi on my laptop but as i dont work friday or sat i will be able to do this from next sunday onwards :D

Nice. If it doesnt work out, let us know Keath - i don't think it would be too difficult for us to find a way around it :)

lol i tried ip blockers proxy servers etc they dont load the pages to well but will see what happens with voucher thing coming up

This was my idea guys so enjoy it and please dont make me wish I not done it :lol:

Enjoy :)

Worst case scenario is that you can be sure the only 'grooming' going on under your watch is purely husky related. Not a bad position to be in :)

Keath, for any browsing that I don't want appearing on my (government) work logs, I VNC back to my home computer and browse from there. Is something like that a possibility for you?

Guest Spider_Crazy_Removed

TBH I think I liked the rules as it was clean, please bring them back i as im happy with my [ops iv got a potty mouth] in place of swearing and the cleanness.

Peter

EDIT: Why not try a young peoples chatroom or make it all age untill like 8pm when the more potty mouth language comes in, I dont know how many under 16's we have but speaking for the young voice I feel its excluding owners children.

TBH I think I liked the rules as it was clean, please bring them back i as im happy with my [ops iv got a potty mouth] in place of swearing and the cleanness.

Peter

EDIT: Why not try a young peoples chatroom or make it all age untill like 8pm when the more potty mouth language comes in, I dont know how many under 16's we have but speaking for the young voice I feel its excluding owners children.

Sorry Peter but we are all adults. There cannot be a timed chatroom as we are not a UK only forum, we are worldwide and since there are massive differences in time this simply would not work.

In answer to the excluding members children, I currently have 2 on the site and they are also being excluded from the chatroom facility. There are extremely few member of that age.

Lemme put it in context:-

Under 16 Members in Total: 31

Under 16s who have ever used the forum: 12

Of which has logged on in the past month: 5

Of which have logged on in the past week: 1

Under 16s who have posted or used the chatroom in the past month: 0

does this include if there are quiz nights on? as i know my 13 yr old cousin even tho she doesnt come on the forum much - she enjoys the quizes (even tho i think shes only joined in on 1) - or is it hassle 2 change it back for one night?

If she is 13 she probably swears more than me lol :lol:

I honestly think this is an excellent decision....well done you lot.

BUT......I personally wouldn't lift the no swearing. We are all intelligent enough (well most of ustongue.gif) to be able to talk freely and in the same vein (filth) that tends to happen in the chatroom, without the swearing. Believe me I swear like a sailor and think nothing when swearing in conversation as I treat swearing as any other word. But there are people who may want to join in the filthbiggrin.gif of the chatroom but find effing and blinding a bit much.

Just my humble opinionsmile.gif