Our Beutiful Girl

My Beautiful Girl Arizona was 13 1/2 years old. Over the past 6 months she has had a very hard time walking as her back legs would give out. A little over a week ago she wasn't able to walk at all. On July 1st we made the hardest decision I've ever had to make to let her go and be pain free. We are shattered and filled with guilt even though we know there was nothing they could do for her. We miss her soo much and feel soo empty. I just wanted to share this.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh she was such a beautiful girl. It is hard to make that decision. We went through the process with Elke, our last Husky. She was almost 15. Her back legs had given out, and we worked with her to get her back to walking, but seven months later she began to falter again. My heart goes out to you. My wife and I felt so guilty making the decision to let Elke go. When you are ready, and if you'd like to read about Elke, go to http://zoyathehusky.webs.com/elkesmemorial.htm and click on Elke's Story.

Arizona is now free of pain, running and playing on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge. I know it does not help now, but each day, little by little, the memories of Arizona will replace the pain of losing her. One day, you'll feel that she is with you again, and then you'll know that she is all right with everything. That's how it was with Elke. She let us know. Sounds sort of crazy, but when you have that bond with that special Husky, it goes beyond the physical.

Zoya sends Husky Hugs to help ease your pain. My sincere and heartfelt thoughts and prayers are also on their way.

I feel your pain. You must have been wonderful owners for missing her. Everyday, I get the nagging feeling that I will lose Smokey (even though he is just a year old) and it makes me want to not get close to him. I admire those who can overcome that fear and learn to love the way you did your furbaby. May she run free, health and happy for eternity now. We are here for you on this forum....

Oh she was such a beautiful girl. It is hard to make that decision. We went through the process with Elke, our last Husky. She was almost 15. Her back legs had given out, and we worked with her to get her back to walking, but seven months later she began to falter again. My heart goes out to you. My wife and I felt so guilty making the decision to let Elke go. When you are ready, and if you'd like to read about Elke, go to http://zoyathehusky....kesmemorial.htm and click on Elke's Story.

Arizona is now free of pain, running and playing on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge. I know it does not help now, but each day, little by little, the memories of Arizona will replace the pain of losing her. One day, you'll feel that she is with you again, and then you'll know that she is all right with everything. That's how it was with Elke. She let us know. Sounds sort of crazy, but when you have that bond with that special Husky, it goes beyond the physical.

Zoya sends Husky Hugs to help ease your pain. My sincere and heartfelt thoughts and prayers are also on their way.

This is really a sweet post...just thought I'd let you know. I fear the day I'll lose Smokey (even though he's only a year old) but stuff like this gives me a lot of solace.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss, Arizona is a stunning girl & always will be with you. I know it's easy for others to say who aren't sharing your pain right now, but please don't feel guilty, imagine how much more guilty you would feel if you hadn't made this difficult decision for her & let her carry on in pain. What you have done is show how much you love & care for Arizona, so that she would not suffer in this world & is now pain free waiting over the Bridge, running like a young pup with all the others who have gone before her.

My Beautiful Girl Arizona was 13 1/2 years old. Over the past 6 months she has had a very hard time walking as her back legs would give out. A little over a week ago she wasn't able to walk at all. On July 1st we made the hardest decision I've ever had to make to let her go and be pain free. We are shattered and filled with guilt even though we know there was nothing they could do for her. We miss her soo much and feel soo empty. I just wanted to share this.

im so sorry i to had to puy my beautiful girl sandy down last tuesday it to was the hardest thing i have ever done tears flow even now but have faith that they are runnig with the big pack now and playing like puppies with the creator

Do not feel guilty. You made the right decision for her because you loved her. She was a very beautiful girl. When the time is right you may be ready to open your heart to another husky and you will have great memories of Arizona. I am very sorry for your loss.

Run free. little girl across the bridge.

She will be with you again one day, until that day rember the lovely days you had together not the sad days.

It will take time but remember she doesn't want you to suffer, so remember her with love.

love

meesh

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope the memories of all the wonderful years of good times help get you through this most difficult time. You are very brave and self-less for making the decision to let her go, and I understand your pain. I'm sure that Arizona has found all the many others that we all have lost over the years and who have gone before her, and I'm sure that they're all having a wonderful time together now.

Hang in there. You'll never stop loving your beautiful girl, and the pain does ease over time.

It's very hard to do what is best for our huskies because of the pain it causes us....know that Arizona understands.

There is nothing more difficult when the bond is so deep. Time does ease the pain, the best memories come to the forefront. Never be afraid to share them with your friends here on Husky-Owners. They're the best when it comes to this.

A hug for you.......

Run painless and free Arizona and say 'hey' to a few of the other special ones waiting at the bridge for us......

I am sooo sorry to hear about Arizona, my heartfelt thoughts go out to you. We lost our boy over 5 years ago now and not a day goes past we dont think of him, especially lately after rehoming another sibe with the same name. But now we remember him with a big grin on our faces. he was a huge part of our lives and still is. I am sure it will get easier for you, just remember her with a smile. Hugs from ali xxxxx