The Kong

laura_3173

Lex loves his kong to bits he is always wanting me to fill it up (obviously he doesn't get it filled all the time) at meal times i usually stick half of his food in the kong and half in his bowl but i have just seen this on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Kong-Stuff-N-Dog-Chew-Toy-Paste-Fresh-Breath-Flavour_W0QQitemZ180324881730QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Pet_Supplies_Dogs?hash=item180324881730&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72:1686|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318 and wondered if it does actually work! with the amount of stuff he chews his breath often stinks and he hates having his teeth brushed so i wondered if this stuff actually works or is it a con to get you to buy it!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've used the stuff and paste in the past - tried a chicken one and a liver one but find them expensive for what you get and they dont last 2 mins lol

Now, i use peanut putter and freeze it, or try putting yoghurt in and freezing it, will take him longer to eat it all and keep him busy :)

You guys are so lucky they eat the food in the Kong. My cintaa just eats the kong first and then what is inside. lol..

I have found in the really hot weather we have been having here in oz for the last few weeks that she has taken a shine to frozen ice blokes with fresh fruit in them... but I warn you they can get as fat as mud on that too... lol.

I must try frozen yogurt blokes with the fruit, might be a good trick down the road when I get a new puppy for teething and calcium

Leesa

Lex loves his kong to bits he is always wanting me to fill it up (obviously he doesn't get it filled all the time) at meal times i usually stick half of his food in the kong and half in his bowl but i have just seen this on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Kong-Stuff-N-Dog-Chew-Toy-Paste-Fresh-Breath-Flavour_W0QQitemZ180324881730QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Pet_Supplies_Dogs?hash=item180324881730&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72:1686|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318 and wondered if it does actually work! with the amount of stuff he chews his breath often stinks and he hates having his teeth brushed so i wondered if this stuff actually works or is it a con to get you to buy it!

I bought this when we first bought the Kong (before we found other things to put in there). If you only put a little bit (well prob so the kong is about 1/4 to 1/2 full) in there and try to smear it around the inside of the kong, it keeps them busy. I find that putting treats or food in there works just as well.

The stuff 'n' is also rather expensive so as an alternative to it you could but normal sandwhich pate from your local shop which will work exaclty the same but not as expensive.

Have you tried getting the fresh breath rawhides? I aint used them but they may another cheaper alternative to getting fresh breath stuff 'n'

Thanks i will try the Pate from round the corner maybe he will like them! Yeh i have tried all sorts of dental chews and everything the only way to get his breath smelling normal is to brush his teeth but then he goes straight outside and eats some mud/soil and it smells again!! lol then he comes in and pants in your face so you are heaving lol

just pigs at the moment it depends what the butcher has in you see not many people eat hearts round here so he orders them in especially for us and so far we have only had pigs heart but i shall ask next time i am in see if he can get lambs!

Let us know how lex likes it if you do try lambs

to be honest i have never looked into the barf diet i have just gone off what my nan has told me and seeing as all her dogs live to over the age of 20 i think i will just copy her lol I have looked up certain things to see if it reacts with a huskies stomach like yoghurt i never knew they could have yoghurt lex gets it once maybe twice a week depending on how good he has been lol my nan swore by marrow fat bones and when they had got all of the marrow fat out of it she used to stuff it with all sorts bit like a kong really can't do that with lex though because he destroys the bone to get the marrow haha so there is no bone left afterwards!

Never knew all yoghart was ok. I was told by my vet that Natural Yoghart or pro-biotic yoghart drinks (Like Yakult) is good for their stomachs. Gizmo had a really bad case of runs once and I called the vet about it and they said to feed him Yakult or something similar should get some good bacteria through him and help him pass solids so I gave him one yakult a day and he was soon back to normal.

Just had a brain wave if you feed Lex yoghart you could put that in the kong too.