The Kong

laura_3173

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you tried the rubber brushes? They are much softer on them than the 2 sided and can still alot of fur out.

http://www.arcatapet.com/item.cfm?cat=3646

Do you walk Lex before you brush him? Try and tire him out (as much as you can anyway, lol) so he may feel more inclined to chill. Get him relaxed and if you get a rubber brush/comb you can massage him gently which may help him relax even more. Talk to him all the time you brush him and let him know where you are (as in keep your hand on him). When he relaxes and lets you brush him, reward him. Start brushing him at his tail end and brush a little at a time instead of brushing a large area at one time.

yeh we walk him 3/4 times a day depending on weather and he is usually really tired but as soon as he sees the brush thats it he goes off on one! He hates any brush though even house hold brushes, garden brushes the lot! if i rub the top of his head it usually calms him down a bit but i can't brush near his face because he will attack the brush no matter what i do! I wouldn't mind if we had adopted him when he was an oldish dog and his previous owners used to beat him with a brush i would understand but we have never touched him with anything he just has this obsession with them!