Swearing

SABRES DAD

Could i raise a point about swearing in the posts,

before we go any further i am not a prude and will give anybody on here a run for their money when it comes to the use of expletives, but can i remind people that this is a open forum and we do have children who are members on here and as far as i am aware have the ability to read all the same posts and threads as we do. Do you like some one using the "F" word in front of your children?huh.gif

I am not asking for it to be banned as there is too much policeing of our lives as it is. angry.gif

It only takes a millisecond for the word to come out of your mouth but you have to think about what your typing. Most people mis spell or put in sqwiggles to their swear words and i think this is much less offensive.smile.gif

This is just my opinion and my children are not members of this site so don't read the posts anyway so it not something i have found personnely offensive to my family, more of an observationunsure.gif .

P.S. I am not having a go at any individual member/s as i said it is just a observation.

Andy

No problem, Andy, as you say, it is an open forum & it's not just children registered on here that can read the posts so to use @*&% instead takes just the same effort as using a word.

I know some people use "bad" language as if it's part of the Queen's speech, but as you say, it is a polite request for people to be courteous & think about what they post

i do swear i will hold my hands up but i do replace letters with symbals or f** as an example in genral or reword the, such as fook or feck.. I think this is ok if not i will erm work on it lol

Ill defo have to change my ringtone on meet ups lmao

But its a fair post biggrin.gif

Nice post Andy added to rep

Swearing is allowed but in moderation, and should never be used directly at someone or to inflame another member - that's not to say it can't be used at all but I think using symbols to replace letters is better - good idea :)

I dont think Andy if am reading this right is being to anal about this, I prob swear on here more than most but always use @@** the only time I disagree with using bad words is when they are directed at someone E.G Sarah is a c@nt if I ever seen this in any form about anyone it would get a instant ban.

As for children they prob know more bad words than me and you and so long as the @@ or ** are used its fine by me so long as its not directed at anyone :)

Could i raise a point about swearing in the posts,

before we go any further i am not a prude and will give anybody on here a run for their money when it comes to the use of expletives, but can i remind people that this is a open forum and we do have children who are members on here and as far as i am aware have the ability to read all the same posts and threads as we do. Do you like some one using the "F" word in front of your children?huh.gif

I am not asking for it to be banned as there is too much policeing of our lives as it is. angry.gif

It only takes a millisecond for the word to come out of your mouth but you have to think about what your typing. Most people mis spell or put in sqwiggles to their swear words and i think this is much less offensive.smile.gif

This is just my opinion and my children are not members of this site so don't read the posts anyway so it not something i have found personnely offensive to my family, more of an observationunsure.gif .

P.S. I am not having a go at any individual member/s as i said it is just a observation.

Andy

I wholeheartedly agree smile.gif (added rep)