introducing crouton!!!!!!!!!!

hey guys bit of a sad story with a happy ending,

i was walking my two ruffians on a meduim walk along a brook when i heard a small mewing sound, well echo hates everything whilst shes out side so i finished the walk and after the dogs were back in the house i went back to the brook to investigate!!!!!.

i found a carrier bag that was tied up but had a hole in it, and sure enough the mewing was coming from inside, there was only one kitten in there and i couldnt see any others near there.

my mothers mate steph has recently had kittens so i took the one i found who i called crouton there to see if her cats would adopt it and look after it. Her cats rejected the kitten but steph said the kitten looked to be about 6/8 weeks old and i could feed her on kitten milk and kitten food. so i brought her home and echo and koda looked and whined at this furry thing in my arms and after getting spat at they just follow her round and sniff her bum

i will upload pix soon

makes me sick how people can just dump their pets

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys bit of a sad story with a happy ending,

i was walking my two ruffians on a meduim walk along a brook when i heard a small mewing sound, well echo hates everything whilst shes out side so i finished the walk and after the dogs were back in the house i went back to the brook to investigate!!!!!.

i found a carrier bag that was tied up but had a hole in it, and sure enough the mewing was coming from inside, there was only one kitten in there and i couldnt see any others near there.

my mothers mate steph has recently had kittens so i took the one i found who i called crouton there to see if her cats would adopt it and look after it. Her cats rejected the kitten but steph said the kitten looked to be about 6/8 weeks old and i could feed her on kitten milk and kitten food. so i brought her home and echo and koda looked and whined at this furry thing in my arms and after getting spat at they just follow her round and sniff her bum

i will upload pix soon

makes me sick how people can just dump their pets

Makes me sick too kelly, good on you for taking the poor thing under your wing (i probably would have done the same), can't wait to see pics, hope crouton is okay! :)

Thinking of getting a kitty for Wolf and Saskia to play with lol jokin laugh.gif I think they would rag it :(

So sad folk could even think of doing something like this angry.gif

Good on you taking the poor thing in :)

Think you should of called her Brook :)

I can't believe how cruel some people are!

So glad you rescued her Kelly, and I hope she does well with you. If she's hissing at the Huskies I'm sure she will be fine with them. Our Kitten Willow hisses at the puppies whenever they get too close, and I even caught Holly and Willow sleeping together on the bed the other night!

If you need any advice on looking after a kitten give me a shout, though compared to Huskies they are so easy!!!!

You can't give her normal milk as cats are lactose intolerant and it will make her ill :( but you can buy Kitten Milk which Willow loves. I'm still giving Willow kitten milk and she's 10 weeks now.

You said Crouton is 6-8 weeks, so I would say giving her 4 small meals a day. I've been giving Willow milk with each meal, although I'm reducing it now so she only has it morning and night to wean her off it. Kitten meat is probably best as Willow wouldn't touch dry to start with, although she's getting better now as she gets older.

Hpope this helps :)

Our two were the same with Willow when we first got her, would not leave her alone. What we did was put the crate we have for the pups up in the living room and kept Willow in there so that they could investigate her, but she could still be safe. We also let her out when we were in the room and kept an eye on the puppies to stop them harassing her. This worked well and now they get on the majority of the time, although if the puppies are hyper they will gang up on her, but she just hides somewhere the puppies can't get to. Also, make sure that Crouton's food and litter tray are out of the way of the dogs, we forgot to close the crate one night, and the puppies went in, ate her food and milk, and also the number 2 from the litter tray :blink:

aw bless, koda is the main fusser, echo is 2 years and isnt sure what this mewing thing is, our crate is 48 " and my dad just put it down as it was too big. i have to watch them al the time and push eho away.... it wil take time but they will get used to her

It will take time and patience, but as Crouton is sticking up for herself she will no doubt do fine. I wouldn't worry too much about the mewing at the moment, she's in a strange place and is probably a little bit puddled as to what is going on, not to mention getting dumped the river in a plastic bag must have been traumatic for her. The fact she is purring is a good sign, as they will only purr when they are happy :)