Ranting.....Again!

Sarah

I've just come back from walking Kimba round our Local Reservoir. It was quite busy but thought ah well will have a wander anyway.

I hadn't even walked 2 foot away from the car when 2 highdale terriers came bounding over to me off lead. Their owner called them back, and, fair play, then recalled very well.

After about 5 mins, i bump into a couple with 3 dogs, again....not on lead, so again, i pull Kimba into me and keep him on a short lead until we get past, these 3 looked fairly old and were not interested in Kimba at all.

This happened again and again until some trampy couple with about 5 dogs were walking past with little ankle biters, you know the ones, yorkshire terriers, jack russels etc so yet AGAIN i reel Kimba in, the guy shouts to me, it's alright luv (flippin luv!!!) they're all friendly, so, by this point i'd had enough, and snapped back, well, mine isn't which is why he's on a lead and i suggest you do the same, you don't know what dogs you are going to come into contact with.

I got SUCH a stare!!!!! Shrugged and just said, at least i can keep mine under control.

WHY do people let their dogs approach other dogs, how do they know that mine isn't going to attack theirs??

GRRRRR anyways, rant over, feel better now for bashing this out on my lap top lol

I agree Sarah, I know sakora has leash aggression which is common, people don't seem to understand that, I don't care how friendly a dog is it shouldn't be allowed to be off leash doing what ever they want, Sakora can meet anyone when she dosnt have her leash restraining her, and she' ll play but other wise shes really growly!!

fair play i had a dog (american pit bull terrier) no lead or collar run at bing n blaze blaze ran away from him (he had his extendable lead on) and bings ran growling at it (protection for blaze me thinks lol) but i didnt no if it was friendly or not and i was well pissed off granted i judged dog before i knew he was ok wit other dogs becuz ov his breed and im a little ashamed ov that but u never no do u i mean bings cudda bin fine wit blaze but not other dogs u no i h8 people like that who think just cuz there dogs are ok with other dogs then the other dog HAS 2 be fine with them 2 and if he aint its ur fault grr grr grr aswell lol sorry had 2 have a rant with u then

chill out LUV there just being friendly lol

this happens all to often... irresponsible owners .. i had it myself some women with what can only be described as a minature labrador came racing over... has happened once to often that i decided to let my girls have a loose leash... they bounced all over this thing... she didnt even try to call her dog ... and she didn't like when in my southern politness.. shouted "thanks for keeping your F***in dog under controll... dont think her dog will do that again in a hurry LOL

Micha has dog aggression (albeit it is relatively minor) but this means we only EVER walk in areas that are ON leash areas. In Australia, unless an area is a designated off leash area then it is against the law to have your dog off leash - even in a park.

It really makes me fume when dog owners think they are above the law and ignore leash laws, by letting their dogs off in an on leash area. I don't want some bloody big dog running up to mine and getting in his face, only to have the owner yell "it's ok, he's just saying hello!" or "it's ok, he's friendly!" Well my dog isn't, and you are breaking the law by having your dog off leash so bloody well come and get it before I kick it in the head!

GRRRRRRR - as you can tell it is one of my biggest pet hates.

fair play i had a dog (american pit bull terrier) no lead or collar run at bing n blaze blaze ran away from him (he had his extendable lead on) and bings ran growling at it (protection for blaze me thinks lol) but i didnt no if it was friendly or not and i was well pissed off granted i judged dog before i knew he was ok wit other dogs becuz ov his breed and im a little ashamed ov that but u never no do u i mean bings cudda bin fine wit blaze but not other dogs u no i h8 people like that who think just cuz there dogs are ok with other dogs then the other dog HAS 2 be fine with them 2 and if he aint its ur fault grr grr grr aswell lol sorry had 2 have a rant with u then

I doubt it was Bing trying to protect you (sorry to burst your bubble, lol) - a lot of dogs feel threatened when a dog runs up to them and jumps in their face, it is very rude in doggy language.

This is a really great article to read, I wish it was compulsory for every owner to read it!

http://www.flyingdogpress.com/sayhi.html

lol Sarah!

Mike's mum had this problem a few years back, all hers on leash and these 2 labradors were off, came bounding over to her dogs and the labrador bit one of them...when she was only a puppy, she now is sh*t scared of other dogs.

Yep - similar to what happened to my Sibe, puppies go through two separate fear periods and any bad experience in this time can lead to issues for the life of the dog.

dief n taz r both fine with off leash dogs commin up to them, they just want to play with them lol, my pet peve is little dogs , you know the ones i mean "lunch on legs" , when they r off lead , usually with little old ladies, they can see the nasty big doggies, lungin at the "lunch on legs" while your doin your best not to let the big doggies eat the lunches on legs, they give you such a look. like keep your dogs under control, just cause their little doggies arnt runnin over to make friends, doesnt mean its not windin the big doggies up

yeah especially SOUTHERN owners! they've gotta be the worst lol

hey, Im southern.

I get most agro with cyclists where I go. They expect you to keep your dog/s under control when they go past but you don't get no thank you or they go past you at such a pseed it nearly nocks you off the path! They drive me up the wall! There is one cyclist in particular who flew past that fast, when Gizmo was on his first few walks, that is frightened Gizmo and he strained his back leg! I went bloody mental at him and said that if Gizmo has done any bad damage to his leg he would be getting the vet bill! :mad: Anywayz, now when I see him I just let Gizmo walk around the pathway as normal and make the cyclist stop, he does get angry but I keep reminding him on why I do it! Luckily Gizmo is still ok with bikes but still thats not the point!

OMG i HATE people who dont say thank you i was walking blaze yesterday and sum1 walked past wit a buggy so i made sure blaze cudnt jump up at them and moved bing out the way n did i get a thank u!? did i fuck i sed in my biggest loudest voice A THANK YOU WOULD BE NICE then i gave them evils lol same happened about 2 mins l8a 2 people walkin past agen made sure blaze cudnt jump up at them and moved bingz out the way and agen so i sed it agen y do ppl think its ok not 2 say thank you i nearly got punched 1day (before we got blaze) for sum1 on a bike i moved bing out the way and they didnt say thank you so i went mental at her she wernt even supposed 2 b on the path if ur over a certain age u have 2 ride on the road and she nearly punched me i dnt care tho she shudda sed thank you then she wudnt ov got shouted out (phew anuva rant ova :D)

If they dont say thank you I shout THANK YOU to them or A FEW MANNERS WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!! two words, thats all it takes and some people are just too arrogent or too stuck up to say it! GRRRRR it does wind me up so much.

The thing is, its a very snobby area wher I am and the majority of families here send their kids to private school. Our house and my neighbours house is probably the only common people around this area!

yeah man us commoners rock!!!! i h8 it when ur in a shop or summin or anywhere rly n no1 says thank you ill always say wot i feel needs 2 be sed i find its old people who are the worse dunno y i just think they are they never say thank you and the think that you should move for them errr no piss ov n go around me actually lol