breathing...........

depends on the heat and what they've been doing with my two - today it's been warm and they've been darting about so were panting a lot earlier - at the moment, Kaiser's curled up beside me and breathing hardly at all - his eye's are twitching so i think he's in a deep sleep lol

Yeah, dont worry too much unless he has very labored breathing and is coughing to get air. I mean of course dont stress unless you can tell that your poochie

is having trouble.

Sometimes chewy breathes so slowly and shallow that it looks like he isnt breathing, so I just make noises at him so he opens his eyes and I know hes ok.

• 2 weeks later...

First i will say to anyone that have concerns about their dogs health is to see a vet because there may be things that we dont see/read and somethings that the owners themselves may miss.

Dog cool themselves off by breathing through their mouths, through their paws (sweat glans in paw pad) and the blood vessels in their ears. The rhythm of which your dog breath could be them cooling off. Fast panting is the only sleep in which dogs cool themselves.

There could be numerous suggested problems or nothing at all. For example small breed dogs have some problems with breathing because of their snouts commonly is reverse breathing. That is just one of the many suggestion things that breathing could suggest in dog breeds. I will not say any of my suggestion is an definitive answer...the only definitive answer i would give is if you think and/or worried about your dogs breathing go see your trusted vet.

Slow breathing is just the sign of a healthy, chilled out dog :)

Whatever you do, don't try to slow your heart rate to match a fit Sibe ;) A couple of our race-fit dogs at rest have heart rates of about 25-30bpm. Your average human would be on CCU with a heart that slow!