What can your Husky do??

Hey all,

Just curious as to what type of training have you put your husky through??

i.e: what can your husky do.....

My girl (Sasha) can:

sit, drop, stay, leave, stand, jump up and place her paws on my hands, hi five, paw, speak, go to her mat, go to her bed, wee on command, hold items and take them to where I am going.

I'm hoping to get my hands on a video camera and film some/all of the above for you guys to see :)

So what does your sib do??

micha can be allowed off lead and not run away, so can suki. thats good enough for me biggrin.gif

micha learnt sit, lie down, stand up, paw, roll over, heel, come and leave. then promptly refused to do most of them.

suki can do sit, she walks to heel, come,paw,leave, kisses. and better recall than micha.

oh and they are both very good at hogging the bed

Good grief - mine know the word biscuit - if they hear that they come running :) Other than that, not much. They ignore me when I tell them to do something, but when they really, really want something badly, they know what kisses is.

This is rather embarrassing - I will seriously start teaching them stuff tomorrow.

She does:

ignore me

very very well!!wink.gif

laugh.giflaugh.gif:up:

Mine can:

sit

stay (a little blink.gif )

leave

run off with a sock i drop when putting washing in machine blink.gif

lie down

Touch (i hold my hand out and say touch and they touch with their nose before getting a treat)

Give paw

give cuddles - i stand up and hold my arms out like a scarecrow and say CUDDLE!!!!!!!! only kimba does this though lol

They know the word OUT and go outside when told

they know the word BED means to go in their crate

they are great at dragging my on my backside laugh.gif

ok seriously, she knows:

sit

down

dead (was the best in the class at this one, meant she could sleep!)

paw

other paw

potty (as in go out potty, she unfortunately doesn't do it on command!)

wait

come (kinda)

bed (kinda)

stay (kinda!)

other than that i don't neeeed her to do anything else, so i haven't bothered teaching her.

dead/flat is a good one to teach for taking them to the vets, so they will lay on their side really still so they can have things like x-rays done without being under anesthetic and the follow on to that is to whilst they are laying still rub your hands over them, check their feet, teeth, ears etc...

Mishka at 5 1/2 months can sit, stay. will lie down when I click my finger......this is her party trick. High five both paws. Leave unless its a sausage. Walk to heel. Give Kisses when asked. Who said these dogs were not clever, from reading the above I think they are super clever. Oh my husband said he taught her a new trick and then said Mishka look nice..... she gets a reward every time. I think he cheated on that one.laugh.gif

Max can

Sit

Stay

Bow (like karate kid)

up (walk on hind legs )

dance

piggy back ride

bed (go to crate)

down(lay down and stay till told to move)

speek (chicken yum yum, want one, love you, mum, and last night get off mum)

weave thru open legs

he knows his left and right's

roll over

leave (not to touch treat till told to)

paw

come

fetch

drop

catch

jump over 7 foot fence lol

yuki is 4months 1 week and we have had her 4 weeks and she can

sit

bow

down

stay

bed

bow

paw

roll over

fetch

catch

i have to much time on my hands always trying to find new things to teach them to keep them busy

sit

stay

come

speak

down

give me 5!!

give me hugs

go to bed on command

potty on command

play and go seek

sing on command

can dig to china whether i like it or not

can shred a pillow tilll its not recognizable!!!

can tow a car!!!

can be my bestest friend!!!

we are currently teaching them to drive...kodah has road rage though!!

Wow what smart huskies we have here!

Shadow can -

SIT

DROP

COME

STAY (he'll only do this when food is involved though)

If i say GET YOUR TOY or WHERE'S YOUR TOY then he'll pick up the nearest one and bring it to me

ON THE GRASS - for some reason he likes to go to the toilet on the cement in our backyard so when i say this he goes on the grass to do it

He knows the word OUT and will go outside when told to or i use this if i find him snooping around the bedrooms lol

He knows UP and will jump up onto my lap

and he also knows DOWN

My partner taught him WHERE'S MISSY, so when i come home from work he'll say it and Shadow will race out the front to greet me. It's funny though cause he'll say it and i could be standing right near him and Shadow will still run out the front thinking i'm out there hehehe

I haven't really taught him anything else, although i've been trying to do SPEAK (or i'll howl at him) but he just looks at me like i'm a moron!

Nukka has done basic obedience class 1 and then had her season when we couldnt go so now were waiting for class 2 to come round again so we can move up. So she can

Sit

Wait (I use this instead of stay as I'm usually going to give another command like come or release her with Ok)

Down (lay)

Up (jump on the sofa or if Im patting my tummy to jump up me)

Off (although this isnt always successful if theres something she REALLY wants on the counter top!)

Come (she does know this even if she dosnt always do it!)

Come sausage or come buscuit (when she ignoring the straight come!LOL)

Stand (handy for the vet)

Settle (lay on your side)

On your bed (her cussion in the living room)

Into bed (her crate)

Over (Jump the little fence into the park)

Under (go under the little fence in the the park)

Paw

Other Paw

Both paws

Clock (turn clockwise)

Anti (turn anticlockwise)

Heel (walk at my side)

Gee go right

Haw (go left)

Lets go hup hup (pull me)

Steady (walk without pulling, or slow down)

Hike (run)

Pick it up (run flat out)

Now Just need to teach her leave and drop so she'll actually do them!! And I'd love to teach her to speak but its tricky as shes not very vocal! biggrin.gif

Also need to teach my family better as she knows all those commands but they dont! So they're constantly mixing them up! Specially Off and down.. so my mum will shout one and then look at me and say "was that right?" while Nukka promplty ignors her as she wasnt sure herself so the dogs not gunna listen unless you sound like you mean it! LOL!!