Long night ahead

2Huskyfun

Well, my poor girl is having an issue.

Sometime between 3AM and 6AM Wednesday morning they ate one of their dog beds. Since I didn’t catch it within the 30 minutes I decided to do the wait and see.

My pups have passed some weird stuff and stuffing before. Plus, it’s normally the boy that has the issues and she has always been my iron stomach pup.

Go figure it’s Friday the 13th and we have a full harvest moon tonight. (I am not superstitious just got a giggle out of it)

She threw up dinner and just dumped straight water. 🤦🏽‍♀️ Acting very sluggish.

I examined her for a blockage and haven’t felt anything and the pulse in the back is good. No fever either. No distressed breathing. If anything she is acting annoyed that I won’t leave her alone. LOL

I wonder if she had one too many frogs again, if she picked something up on a walk, or I did have CBD (no THC) on my hands when I was giving them treats earlier. CBD hits me strange too if I use too much.

So I am setting with her in the dog run keeping a close eye on her because she wants to be out here.

We have a great ER right down the street I can rush her into if need be. 

The normal protocol they put my pups through is: X-ray, take them home and wait 12 hours with no food and then X-ray again. Works great if it is a solid item but soft stuffing doesn’t normally show up. 

She did drink a good amount of water and I started the 4 hour timer on that. If she holds it down that will be a good sign. If not then off to vet we go.

Thanks. So do I

I am trying to get her to come in but man she is stubborn.

Trying every trick in the book. 

Cheese wrapper being opened from across the house did the trick. LOL

Even though she can’t have dairy... I’ll take it. And a little piece won’t make a difference at this point.

I guess I started to respond but didn’t hit post. 🤦🏽‍♀️

I am happy it wasn’t too cold outside last night. The moon was beautiful and gave off enough light to see. Spent most of the night in the dog run.

Lots of soupy poo but held down water. I had the subQ line ready just in case she needed it.  I am great full I didn’t have to last night.

She did give her cat and brother kisses this morning. 

Brother was so sweet. It’s amazing how they know when the other isn’t feeling good.

I feed her a very small amount of dry kibble by hand. We have about 2 hours to go to see if she can hold it down. She acted like she was starving. Which is a great sign. 

I’ll give her a few more hours to see how she does. 

I have eliminated the blockage theory. Has held down the rest of breakfast and water. Her poop is trying to take on some form.

Also eliminating bad canned food and CBD as a cause. Brother was exposed to the same amount of both and hasn’t had any issues.

She had to have picked something up during one of the walks my daughter or husband took her on. 

Keeping her on a quarter cup of food every 4 hours for the next 24 hours and Pedialyte water mixture. 

Fingers crossed she continues to show signs of improvement. 

How sweet is this ❤️

FC026A5E-963A-4B66-B0EE-E4F489235ECB.thumb.jpeg.62f6f83f8a8dd3b2a64dace2dba0c830.jpegEF20AE08-28F2-4D87-86FE-4726AAFED4BB.thumb.jpeg.049f1a1ed77bf2d67e179296888ccb12.jpeg

5 minutes ago, BingBlaze n Skyla said:

Poor girl how is she doing now ? 

Tired. LOL

I believe she has nothing left in her. At least she is sleeping now. She couldn’t get comfortable last night at all.

Good that she's eating / drinking!

( Mine did the same thing when he had liquidy diarrhea...he asked to go out, then laid down outside and refused to come back in.
( Normally he likes to lay in our bedroom or the hall right outside the bedroom!)
So, they are clean and they have a strong instinct to not soil in the house...
I am not as good as you, though! I dragged his dog bed outside for him (the ground seemed so hard) and went to bed! 
Morning came and he came in the house like nothing happened...couple more days of soft poo, and then life went back to normal...
I guess I would probably have stayed out to watch him if I thought he ate his dog bed though!! I never did figure out what he ate.)

As things were getting better....

We are at the emergency vet.

DC50E9E1-3DA0-4E5B-A668-6EE950AC45D2.thumb.jpeg.b6a064624012dbd0a84390b10fb3649d.jpeg651357A0-6AAA-414B-8B9A-844C0D110905.thumb.jpeg.39b96a1b030c57b551d8b249fd3c15a6.jpeg

I think she wanted to have nail polish and makeup on this morning 🤣

Too bad she ate the hole plastic casing and cap. 🤦🏽‍♀️

I think her and brother eating their dog bed is what started it.

O I would not have stayed out with her if it was just diarrhea. Her vomiting is what concerned me.

We got lucky and there were no complications. Most of the pieces came up and the ink was non toxic. She should be able to pass the smaller pieces.

EB29F685-949B-4517-99D0-C9AD5C401DE9.thumb.jpeg.231c7fa67d96bdde95c3d0f3de10ca22.jpegACEEA13A-6058-4766-B9E4-E7995545A76D.thumb.jpeg.29a41f236c02b341078e8c80236a1610.jpeg

They put a purple ace on her to match the marker. 🤣

And I am single now. Yep no more hubby! I would choose my pups over anybody.

She is a crazy doggo!! 
She must be famous at the vet's office.
Good that she will be ok!

Hopefully they will "grow out" of this eating things phase... 

(It happens with kids too. My kids always played politely with their stuffed animals. My sister's kid enjoyed eating the tags off of them! )

She popped out of it about an hour ago. Like nothing even happened. Chasing the cats and harassing her brother. 🤣

Brother stopped playing suddenly, came over to me, and started vomiting. And wouldn’t you know the missing pieces we couldn’t find in sissy was no longer missing. 🤦🏽‍♀️ At least he was smart enough to not get stained purple.

Unbelievable 

Everyone is good. No more vomit and poops are solid. 

Does anyone know how to get the purple off her??? LOL I tried hydrogen peroxide, vinegar, and dawn soap.

Vet says it should wear off in about a week. But everyone  that sees her starts laughing and says “o my is that normal for that breed?” I say with the biggest smile “yep!” 

Thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers. It has been a long last 30 sum odd hours. 

I think my two are bad   -   but if I had your two pups I think I would have a nervous breakdown.    :huskyfall:   So glad everything has turned out ok in the end.

For what its worth  -  my hubby is under no illusions as to where he is in our pack  - the Omega.     Luckily its been that way for the last 5 or 6 dogs so he is used to it.  🤣

7 hours ago, 2Huskyfun said:

Does anyone know how to get the purple off her??? LOL I tried hydrogen peroxide, vinegar, and dawn soap.

Vet says it should wear off in about a week. But everyone  that sees her starts laughing and says “o my is that normal for that breed?” I say with the biggest smile “yep!” 

Thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers. It has been a long last 30 sum odd hours. 

ok years ago i used to get that purple spray on my hands all the time working with sheep and cows, the only thing we found that got rid of it by accident was

Brut 33   the aftershave seemed to work best  but being a dye it on teh fur, it will be hard to get off  but a few dabs with a soaked cotten ball  should get a lot off

we tried everything  the green slimey swarfega soap for engineers the pink one with micro beads  all sorts of bar and liquid soap and washing up liquids  but the brut 33 seemed to loosen the stuff up and then the soap after seemed to work a bit so a fewsplashes of brut got most off

8 hours ago, wolfpup said:

I think my two are bad   -   but if I had your two pups I think I would have a nervous breakdown.    :huskyfall:   So glad everything has turned out ok in the end.

For what its worth  -  my hubby is under no illusions as to where he is in our pack  - the Omega.     Luckily its been that way for the last 5 or 6 dogs so he is used to it.  🤣

I think my nerves breakdown came last May when I originally joined and we hadn’t figured out what was going on with the boy.

O he is out of here! As I was on the phone with poison control I asked him to leash her. She was doing her normal “nope we are going to play first” I looked over and he swung the leash at her. 😡🤬. I won’t tolerate that at all!

He is lucky I was under a time restraint to get her to the vet or he would have been attached to the leash. 😉 

Archived