Introducing Apollo

PnkFlyd204

It's been a whirlwind of a year. Sorry I do not post much anymore but there has been an awful lot going on. My father succumbed to Stage 4 colon cancer on March 24, 2019 at age 69... 4.5 years after he was diagnosed (although it was not stage 4 at first). The final months of his life were awful. Truly broke my heart. I'm still not completely over the loss... some days I want to call him up and talk horse racing. :-(

Then on March 30, 2019, Mr. Bear (my non-Husky) stopped eating. He also threw up any water he consumed. My partner Skip took him to the emergency vet that night. They ran a bunch of tests and found his body was full of tumors... including one in his intestines that probably broke through. The vet said there was nothing that could be done an recommended he be euthanized. So Skip did what he had to do.

After Mr. Bear passed, things seemed weird without 4 dogs. Plus, my 3 huskies are currently getting older (Duchess turns 12 on August 17 and Viggo and Tika are 10 and a half). Long story short... after talking it over with Skip, we decided to get another Husky. We also decided to go the puppy route.

So with that, I would like to introduce Apollo. He is honestly the sweetest puppy I have ever met. He was the runt in his litter and had to be hand-fed by his breeder for a while. I absolutely adore him.

IMG_6368.JPG

IMG_6373.JPG

IMG_6401.JPG

Welcome to your worldwide Husky Owners family Apollo :up:

• 1 month later...
On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 3:58 PM, kellydh said:

Apollo is adorable!  So sorry for you recent losses.  This is my Floki - we are in Maryland as well! Calvert County, so about an hour from you...

flokes.thumb.jpg.ef2b71946e9967c14e18221a95c7887f.jpg

Thank you. Your Floki is adorable!

Here is an updated picture.

IMG_6631 (002).JPG

Archived