Dog attack........very nervous to walk them now

chelseafan

My 18 year old son and I took Cai, Luka blue and Toby for a walk yesterday afternoon and we were walking home when a man and his staffy cross came up behind us. He was telling his dog to ‘watch em watch em’ so i told my son to walk faster and I was steering Cai and Luka blue towards the wall away from the man, he overtook us and his dog lunged for Luka, the man made no attempt to pull his dog back, Luka and Cai lunged for the dog and a fight began, the man let go of his dogs lead and my son and I were trying to pull ours away and a woman was stood in a doorway opposite and told us to come in, she said ‘he wants a dog fight’. We managed to get into the building, there was blood all over the pathway, didn’t know who’s at this point, I was trying to check mine over when the man shouted ‘your effin dog has bitten mine’ then he started shouting racist abuse at my son, tried to punch my son in the face but caught his shoulder, called me an ‘effin bitch’ and spat in my face, the man and his mate were threatening my son, saying they will find out who he is and kill him.He then somehow managed to kick Cai in the stomach and then kicked him in the face, I managed to close the door to the building and phoned the police. I was home 5 mins when the police came, apparently 2 witnesses phoned the police also, saying an aggressive male was spouting rascist abuse and kicking a dog. They took our statements, they know who he is, a police woman checked on the mans dog, the owner took his dog back to his room and left it there and went out,his dog has a puncture wound on his cheek.He assaulted my son, myself and my ‘big red’ (Cai) My son managed to keep Toby behind him but Luka blue has a bite mark on his cheek, they’ve been checked out and they’re both fine. Sorry for the essay. I’m worried about taking them both out now and Luka blue has come a long way from growling on walks, will this be a big set back? I have to be honest when I say I’m nervous too.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Omg that's awful so glad you're all ok , I know how difficult it is when your dogs attacked to go back out but honestly getting back out is the best thing, are there any dogs that luka is ok with that you could meet up with to help regain his and your confidence?

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

Thankyou, Luka has been great around other dogs, but doesn’t like to get too close, we’ve had no issues with any dogs, until yesterday. My worry is that I’ll see the man and he’ll try to hurt my 2. I’ve since learnt he lives in the hostel in town for parolee’s, the police are interviewing him under caution and once they have all of the statements they can charge him. I’ve seen angry but he was something else, very violent.
My other half is finishing work early so we are taking them to the off lead field, my usual walk is by the river, they love to sniff there, but it’s a little secluded, I think I need to be around other people to build my confidence up, I don’t want Cai and Luka blue picking up my nervousness. His reaction shocked me against Cai, he was trying to stamp on his head as tho he wanted to kill him. What a world!

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Oh Janine
Thats just awful!!! I can see why you are nervous, I hope the charge him, lock him up and take his dog off him!
Hope you, your son and the boys are ok [emoji173]️

Thankyou x
I’ve taken them out but poor Luka was stressing about leaves blowing, noises, he was on high alert. I know it’ll take time with him but Cai was the same as usual [emoji3]
I’ve messaged Emma, the behaviourist, for some advice to move forward with Luka, definitely good advice to get back out there, thankyou x

That was awful!!! 

I am glad everyone is physically ok for the most part. It is the mental impact that is is the hardest to overcome. 

I carry a blow horn. Works great! 

Glad there were witnesses. Don't drop your case. That guy needs to be punished!

Hang in there

Thankyou, I was thinking about carrying a dog whistle or something noisy but I don’t want to scare my 2.
The police have been great, can’t fault how they’ve handled things.

Omg that is awful! People like that really are the scum of the earth. You’ve done the right thing contacting the behaviourist and good to hear the police are handling it well! I would say from personal experience about being anxious to go out you just have to force yourself to, set yourself goals for short distances first and build it up x

Thankyou, the police are adding neglect to his dog to the charges and animal cruelty for what he did to Cai. We did a short walk, phil did the long one, he’s going to Anfield to watch Liverpool in champions league final, it’s good in a way, no time for me to sit around thinking about the vile man, just got to get on with walking the boys [emoji3]

that is a horrible type of human being/beast...hope the police chuck the book at him... I would if I was you ask for advise with the police to get some sort of restraining order again this person...

hope Luka will be able to put it aside sooner rather then later...

JANINE~ I cannot believe this. This man is a rotting devil & I pray he rots in jail for a long time. You four were all assaulted physically, violently, mentally & emotionally. He needs to be sued for many charges here. If there's anything you may have forgotten, tell them immediately. Every "little single detail" is so important. I'm sure you have taken photos of everything...(including blood drippings at the nice lady's house, your clothing, everything).
I am deeply praying for all of you. You did not deserve any of this and are always so nice to everyone. You have all of us compassionate Husky owners on here to support you!! If you need anything, please let us know ok.
You are in my thoughts & prayers.
[emoji120][emoji8][emoji171][emoji191][emoji191][emoji267][emoji295]️[emoji258]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Husky Owners mobile app

Oh I'm just so sorry. After the man punched your son, your son had every right to just knock him out cold. I can't believe this
a$$hole spit in your face. How disrespectful to a lady!!! Me being a girl, I would have punched & kicked him. And hurting your dogs, I just pray all four of you will be ok.
In the future, carry a big can of mace held in a belt strap and a good stick.
There are some creepy, cruel people in this world sadly.
Things are going to get better for all of you. Keep your heads held up high. You will regain your strength & confidence.
Prayers for U4.[emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji171][emoji8]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Husky Owners mobile app

I have had simular issues and i am now thinking about getting a body worn camera just for my protection so if something happens it does not end up with hear say arguments

I would have video of the whole thing and the person in the wrong would not be able to tell lies or get some one else to say they saw it all etc

in the past i have borrowed thinsg that have helped with problems but to have my own worn every time i go out would be handy

3 hours ago, chelseafan said:

Body cam a good idea, going to have a look at those emoji1.png

Sent from my iPad using Husky Owners

Well i can see why police secuirty etc use them. you just slip on and turn on as you start your walk when you get home delete file unless you have a problem then you keep the file and call the police handing them a copy

There are a few on Ebay and Amazon

Sounds absolutely dreadful - and doubly sorry to hear it as I lived in Newtown for a couple of years (Vaynor Estate) and it just sounds so very wrong and not the place I remember at all 😞

22 hours ago, chelseafan said:

Body cam a good idea, going to have a look at those emoji1.png

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_9?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=body+worn+camera&sprefix=body+worn%2Caps%2C145&crid=20437QR41BZ23

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Conbrov-Camera-Definition-Camcorder-Recorder/dp/B0734VN8KY/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1527625868&sr=8-8&keywords=body+worn+camera

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PNZEO-1920x1080P-night-vision-Wide-angle-Body-worn/dp/B074W5S76M/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1527625868&sr=8-17&keywords=body+worn+camera

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1311.R1.TR9.TRC2.A0.H1.Xbody+worn+.TRS0&_nkw=body+worn+camera&_sacat=0

the basic  things should be good enough as in my mind you could get the full on one with the harness that in some cases the idiots will see them and it will make things worse

a hidden or not obvious one means you can record walks descreetly and no one will notice you have the cam, only other important thing is we walk dogs at all times of day and in all weather so they need to be water proof and infra red/ night vision

Thank you, that's very helpful. Have looked at a few already, so much choice!

Sounds absolutely dreadful - and doubly sorry to hear it as I lived in Newtown for a couple of years (Vaynor Estate) and it just sounds so very wrong and not the place I remember at all [emoji20]

We walk them sometimes down llani road and come back thru the back of vaynor by the river up thru dolerw, it's a nice walk in the summer!
There are a few more hostels now for people just out of prison, quite a few paedophiles too, its changing but not for the better, shame really.

Sent from my iPad using Husky Owners mobile app

Just caught up with this, horrid experience, you have every right to be nervous but the best thing is to not let his sort win by hiding away. It sounds as though there were some very supportive people around which is reassuring. With any luck he’ll end up back inside (probably his “real” home) and there won’t be any more bother. Maybe change your route until you know he’s off the block, he doesn’t sound like the sort of person who will change his behaviour any time soon. It’s a pity your son had to be abused too but words are perhaps less harmful than dog bites so at least he wasn’t attacked.

One tip I read (and in the melee of a fight it’s hard to think rationally) was that the best way to stop a dog fight is to try to cover the dogs head with something. It might mean sacrificing a jumper or jacket but that’s cheaper than a Vet’s bill. How easy it would be I don’t know.

I know how fearful you can get around other dogs, a dog walker neighbour had two Vizlas, whenever they encountered my dog, a border collie, the bitch would be friendly to start with but the dog was always very anti, his hackles would come up and he would growl and start posturing and poor Charlie would have a dog either side of him, he was like the meat in a very unfriendly sandwich. The owner never seemed worried and would walk past and eventually the dogs would follow. I was always worried that a fight was about to start but it never did thank goodness! I avoided them wherever possible. All three dogs have long since passed and his new Vizla is a real sweetie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, Luka blue's wound is healing nicely. The man was interviewed this week and he's out on bail, the police have 2 statements now from the ladies who witnessed the attack, lots of people were just watching, maybe a little scared to get involved. He's admitted to pushing my son, even tho it was a punch but not to spitting on me and not to kicking Cai in the stomach and head. The cctv will prove all of it, as will the witness statements, I'm not letting this creep spoil dog walks for us!

good for you Janine he is a creep and more then likely when his time is up he will move on and you are the scared one then...

Archived