Dog attack........very nervous to walk them now

chelseafan

If he is on parole, I wonder if his parole officer knows what he is up to? If he bothers you again, you may want to consider a call to the local parole office.  I would hope the police notified the office, but sometimes communication is not clear between agencies. Just glad you and your pups are okay. 

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An update on the attack, it’s been a while but the CPS have agreed there’s a case so he’s to appear at the Magistrates court next Tuesday to plead, if he pleads not guilty it will be a court case. He has previous and has been inside so it doesn’t look good for him. They can’t add the abuse to Cai or the rascism so he’s being charged with common assault. Good enough for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

I'm so sorry :(. In the past my girlfriend was being harnessed by some maintenance staff that "you better pick up after you f*ckn dog or else" well she was carrying the waste mind you... Luckily that stopped immediately following a conversation with their manager. 

After our incident I'm reconsidering considering getting a small can of pepper spray to carry on Stellas leash now. Not sure the legality of it in your area - but here in the US its legal. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

well if you have CCTV when he says not guilty and the court watches he will get reamed. If he has council they will probably have seen it too and tell him to admit guilt as you can not beat  the cctv

hopefully he will get more time inside for breaching parole  so i wish you all luck  good for you  bad for him

Thank you everyone [emoji1]
The solicitor from the CPS came to speak to me halfway thru presenting the evidence and said he’d pleaded guilty to assault on my son but not on me and would I accept that, I said no so she went back and came back half an hour later to say that he’d pleaded guilty to both assaults, on the advice of his solicitor. 2 of the 3 witnesses came to court on our behalf to give their evidence, they took time off work for it, there are some good people out there willing to help. He’s on probation and he has to go back tomorrow to be sentenced.......or not. The CPS will let me know tomorrow, it annoys me that he wasn’t charged with the assault on Cai.

Sent from my iPad using Husky Owners

20 hours ago, chelseafan said:

Thank you everyone emoji1.png
The solicitor from the CPS came to speak to me halfway thru presenting the evidence and said he’d pleaded guilty to assault on my son but not on me and would I accept that, I said no so she went back and came back half an hour later to say that he’d pleaded guilty to both assaults, on the advice of his solicitor. 2 of the 3 witnesses came to court on our behalf to give their evidence, they took time off work for it, there are some good people out there willing to help. He’s on probation and he has to go back tomorrow to be sentenced.......or not. The CPS will let me know tomorrow, it annoys me that he wasn’t charged with the assault on Cai.

in the eyes of the law a dog is property so all they could do is charge with criminal damage, you would have to get some one like rspca involved to get  them charged for that.

Police dogs and horses are attacked a lot and in most cases they do not even bother to press charges for the attacks it was why we tried to bring the Finn's Law in to protect  service animals but that  stupid idiot polatiticain that blocks all member bills on principal that bloced teh upskirting law  stopped  it

Happy to hear he plead quietly to the assault.

My county acknowledges police dogs and horses. They are respected as if they were human police officers. 👍

Service animals are also strongly protected! 

All others are considered property. 

Sorry no justice for your babies but at least (hopefully) it will be enough to put him back in jail.

So nice of the witnesses to show up. Very cool and good to hear there are still nice people out there....

A lady from the witness programme phoned me with the courts decision, he has a 12 month community order, he has to check in with probation once a day, if he fails to check in he’ll be visiting HM Prison, he has to attend rehab and be submitted to random drug tests, he has to pay £300 court costs and compensation to my son and myself and a restraining order is in place.

• 8 months later...

This is something that is starting to happen on a regular basis lately for some reason.

On this mornings walk we were charged at. (Third time in two weeks-deferent dogs)

My girl did exactly what she was supposed to do. Moved behind me and kept up with the foot work. LOL

My boy on the other hand went into protective mood and was full on “bring it”. 

I kept my boy loose so he could block the dog from us (his sister) while we slowly danced to his house.

I wasn’t 100% sure we would be able to make it to his house without someone getting bit. Two unsure males sizing each other up was heart stopping.

There’s always an option to bring a private prosecution, there’s not the same burden of proof required either so with the CCTV and witnesses they could have made a much bigger claim for damages. He sounds like another lost male whose life has spiralled downwards. There are so many and whilst they get what the deserve it’s still sad that they turn to drink drugs and bad behaviour, life can be so fulfilling if you just stick to being decent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived