What color do you think this puppy's eyes will be?

cmpatterson

Hi everyone!

I've been talking to a breeder and am very interested in this puppy. I just wanted to get everyone's opinion on what color his eyes will be! He is 2 weeks old and I've attached pictures of his parents. The breeder thinks they are both parti but will change to brown.

Thanks!

Cassie

received_524293624592257.jpeg

received_524293631258923.jpeg

received_524293627925590.jpeg

received_517336871954599.jpeg

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi & welcome!! First, what a beautiful Husky puppy!! Based on the parents' eyes and the darker colored blue in the pup's eyes, I would say a darker brown. But it's always hard to really say based on the parents & the pup's eye since he's so young. Also, make sure you get "deworming papers" when the pup is 8-12weeks old if you decide to get him. Do not get the puppy any earlier than 8-12weeks old. (I can already tell the pup most likely has worms by the yellow discharge from the pup's left eye or may be a little sick.) Good luck if you get this beautiful baby!![emoji171]🤗

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

Yeah, he just opened his eyes today. I've been documenting everything about the process and have spoken to someone who also got a puppy from this breeder.

She is going to take the pup to the vet for its first vaccinations and give me the vet's report but thank you for the advice on the worms! 

One of mine had brown from birth and the other had blue until he was 14 weeks old then they changed to green and are now amber. He will be at least 3-4 months old before they change, if they do. He’s gorgeous, love his colour.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

CASSIE~ If he just opened his eyes, it may just be tears. He may not have worms. (I just know my two had 3 different types & took forever to get rid of.) His parents are beautiful!! I hope your puppy stays dark like his parents. He looks like a little baby BEAR...just adorable!![emoji171]

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

Agree with Emma. My ARMANI had grayish eyes at 8weeks and now his are a bright amber! So your puppy is way too young to know. If you like this puppy, you should keep your bids on him. (ARMANI'S sister had ice blue eyes but we picked him never knowing his would turn amber brown.) Your pup is gorgeous!![emoji171][emoji170]

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

• 3 weeks later...

I am a breeder and based on my experience, and knowing the colors that run in my dogs, I could tell you by 3 weeks of age what color my puppies eyes will be. They have been known to change even at 6 months of age. A good experienced breeder would be able to tell you about their puppies they breed. I have never been wrong yet. If the breeder is experienced, trust their judgement. It is not easy to tell by a photo, as you can not truly capture the tones needed to judge such a thing. Also, when a puppy first opens their eyes they have some tearing and some crusty corners of the eye from the previous protective seal that kept them shut. That was normal. Not a sign of worms. However all puppies need to be checked for worms and wormed prior to going to their new homes. Here in the USA it is illegal to sell/adopt any puppy prior to 8 weeks of age unless they are taking the mother also. Puppies need that time for growth and development. They learn a lot from their mother. 

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, cmpatterson said:

I knew that someone else was going to get him if his eyes were blue. I was OK with it. Here is our girl nowadays! Gemma bc46667a152184bea3d917c15e599370.jpg7f1977c4ab7345a6cf50a301ef7b87eb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Husky Owners mobile app

Gemma is absolutely Adorable! 😍 I want to squeeze her!!! 🤗🤗🤗 She is a cutie pie ❤️

Archived