We've got a splasher!

Hazel's mommy

Hi all! I need some advice on how to get my girl to stop splashing all the water out of her water bowl INSIDE THE HOUSE! . She did have a big bowl inside our laundry room but I removed it because she always splashed it all out all over the floor. The only thing that seems to work is to give her a tiny bowl that she can't stick both her nose and feet in at the same time but now I'm constantly filling it up all day long. She will rattle the bowl to let me know she wants more. It gets annoying. She has a big bowl outside but she rarely drinks from it and when she does, she plays in it so I'm also filling that one up too! Any suggestions??

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

Oh know! Both of mine do the same thing! I've never been able to solve this problem huhhh! They get a drink & walk away with water still streaming all over INSIDE. ARMANI buries his head in the bowl & it overflows, then ALINAH has to stand with both front paws in it while drinking ... the house gets soaked! (Is it ok I'm laughing out loud that I'm not ALONE?!!) I put all these towels around their water bowls, then have to hang them dry constantly. (Oh, the headache!)
Can someone please help HAZEL's Mommy & me??

~ANGIE

We have a bowl inside and one outside, Harlow used to splash both but soon learnt we didn't appreciate this behavior inside so she doesn't splash the inside one anymore only the outside one which is still annoying because then she runs inside with wet paws [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G900I using Husky Owners mobile app

Cai used to do this until I bought a raised bowl on a stand, it holds 2 large bowls and you can put it to a height that suits, they aren't able to put there paws in it to top it over.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

I'm going to have to try that! That sounds like a good idea. My husband thinks she'll continue to splash but we'll never know if we don't try! [emoji6]

We have a bowl inside and one outside, Harlow used to splash both but soon learnt we didn't appreciate this behavior inside so she doesn't splash the inside one anymore only the outside one which is still annoying because then she runs inside with wet paws [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G900I using Husky Owners mobile app

Haha! I think Hazel does it because she knows I don't like it! She's a stubborn little brat but I love her! My baseboards on the other hand don't like the water so much! [emoji23]

put the bowl up solves this in no time...have bowls of water in the garden and they will be knocked over, stepped in and generally water will splash every where inside no bowls are on a stand even food...

I've just had to learn to walk on towels in the kitchen, the water bowl stands on one, then there is another around the bowl  -  wouldn't mind so much - but my kitchen is quite small and I am in danger of tripping when I am trying to cook!   Better that than slipping on a wet floor though

Mine do that all of them. I tried the rock but they took the rock out and played with it lol Now I put the bowl inside a small kid pool and they drink out of it. Sometime I put the water in the pool. I notice they do it a lot when they are hot and when they are looking at themeselves through the water bowl :-):-)

Sent from my Pixel using Husky Owners mobile app

• 3 months later...

Try using a nonspill travel bowl... works gr8 on my two when travelling any distances.. this might help yours... my boy's a splasher but their bowls are outside back door; 24/7 access. [emoji847]

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

Archived