Which Dog Breeds Have You Owned?

loudlucky

In order

1 - Purdy a horrible little salt and pepper schnauzer inherited when my gran passed away. Only my mom could touch her! wow! our first dog and we couldn't even pet her! :rofl:

2 - Panda our Border Collie who my other gran gave to us due to a pure lack of space

3 - Schnapps another Schnauzer but SUCH a fabulous dog!

4 - Nuff Nuff my Maltese who I found running in the road. When we knocked on the owners door the husband (who was rather drunk) shouted "Love!! Is this our dog?" Wife arrived also looking worse for wear, looked at her and said yes. As we walked away in shock he screamed at us "Do you want IT?" thus the reason the name...we did try and change it!

5 - Titus my Jack Russell

6 - Diesel my rescue who I took in off the street when the local SPCA refused to come catch her because she wasn't contained. She stayed until I found her a home on a farm. Only her mother and father know what she was made up of!

7 & 8 - Taylor and Trigger my 2 lovely Yorkies still in my life

9 - Diablo, the dog I have dreamed of all my life

this is Titus and Taylor as a pup along with my Triggs!

post-11581-0-03701700-1408438451_thumb.j

post-11581-0-48199900-1408438467_thumb.j

post-11581-0-34965400-1408438541_thumb.j

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah The dogs (friends)  that have been part of my life:

A cockerspaniel not sure of name but apparentley if I was told of I would sulk in his basket..

Candy Who used to follow us to school and was the best dog ever.  Mixed breed but def GSD and Lab in there somwhere..

3 chihuahua  Berti, Kipper, Patchy..  My Mums... never worked out why she had them..as she is a big dog and horse person..

Rookie (rotweiller/GSD) who was left with me for a day....Became apart of my family.. loved by my daughter.. I still miss her and her little stumpy tail.. This dog could escape from anything, dug up the garden,  brought male dogs home and had puppies.  All found good homes thankfully.

Then my best friend Sydney GSD,  Who I found to rescue after Rookie.  He was 4 and the most faithful boy in the world.  it took me 7 years before I could bear to have another dog..

And they are  Noah and Bella.. Bundles of love and mischeif.

• 2 weeks later...

I grew up with some terrier mix and a rottweiler. At my grandma's house was an Australian Shepherd.

Then we got a Bernese mountain dog I worked in obedience and agility for 4-h.

Norwegian Elkhound just as I moved away from home.

The first dog that was purely mine is my akita and my husband moved in with his shiba. Now we added a husky.

i have had german shepherd called sheba, when i was growing up

german shepherd called cindy,  when i was growing up

german shepherd called sabre, when i was first married

staffie called stan, who fortunately we had to have put to sleep in may,

Mongrels - rescued strays in excess of 200 when abroad - 98% re homed but 14 kept on farm

Daschunds x 3 - adopted

Part Dalmation adopted

Boxers

Wheadon rescue

What I can remember!

Westies x 15 - some rescued/adopted and bred too

Husky now (will two after September 12)

Also in childhood/youth bats rats orangutans monkeys birds otters anteaters slow lorris's clouded leopards 5.000 chickens horse pony mousedeer baby crocs....err

Kids have had terrapins, gerbils, hamsters (bloody russians are so cute but viscious!) corn snakes, ghekkos, cats. Love bearded dragons but not enough room for these re accommodation for them.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Charly the French basset.  Slow pace and extremely laid back dog. He is a good brother to Molly and amazingly I can walk them together (for now). Molly the husky pup always on short leash learnt when to sit and wait for the slow brother who always on a long flexi leash.

I am thinking when Molly is old enough I'll start fast pace walking/running with her and then second round of short pace walk with Charly, for Molly to cool down... Charly is THAT slow lol..

post-12049-0-26554600-1409992012_thumb.j

£50 pp + dogs for a week? Is there rentable accommodation - I don't really do tents now although have a big one for four do dogs in one half humans in other or me with two huskies & hubby on his own lol!! Would prefer a decent 2nd hand caravan - for two...perfect.

Suka is actually my first dog. :)

But, I have owned other pets in the past. When I was 7 or so, we had 2 cats that we raised from kittens (brothers). I think they were just an orange and black tabbies - Pumpkin and Smokey. But we had to give them away for some reason...I don't remember why, but I remember visiting them at the new house. 

I also owned a bird (a budgie/parakeet) for 5 years - it passed away while I was on a vacation with my classmates from elementary school. 

A few years later, after Pepi (my parakeet) passed, we got Suka. I've bugged my parents for another dog, but they aren't budging on that issue. Maybe when I'm done university, I'll see if I can persuade them to let me have another pet (or another dog, if Suka is gone by then.), since I'll probably be moving back in with them once I graduate. I don't see myself getting a job quickly in this economy. 

• 2 months later...

Looking back, I've realized that I haven't had a lot of dog breed variety!  :)  Growing up we had two mixed breeds, a Dalmatian, and a German Shepherd over the years.  Then once I got older (college age) I got a Siberian Husky and then a few years later a German Shepherd.  Then after those two I got two more GSDs which I currently have and now my newest Siberian.  So, yeah...mostly GSDs and Siberian Huskies! 

I've also owned a large variety of other animals:  hamsters, rats, rabbits, fish, a parakeet, corn snakes, tarantulas, a scorpion, a bearded dragon...I think that's it!

I have chow chow, his name is Clifford and is 6 years old. My second dog is a Siberian husky and his name is echo. My bf and I will be moving in together and will have 3 dogs, snakes, and lizards. (He's a herpetologist :-))

• 2 weeks later...

Past Dogs:

Elizabeth - Mixed Breed some sort of small schnauzer mix

Max - Golden Retriever

Scarlet - Border Collie Mix

Current Dogs:

Shelby - Black Lab Mix (probably pit, she is a bit stalky) She is my heart. 13 years

Rosie - Long Haired Chihuahua 12 years

Pickles - Black lab Mix with a dominant lab personality (loves fetch, loves water, sweet, hyper, chewer) 6 months

Skye - Mixed Mystery Breed, Blue eyes, bobtailed, huge ears! Reason I came to this forum. 19 weeks

I have only had 2 pure breeds in my life, very fond of mixes.

Past Dogs:

Elizabeth - Mixed Breed some sort of small schnauzer mix

Max - Golden Retriever

Scarlet - Border Collie Mix

Current Dogs:

Shelby - Black Lab Mix (probably pit, she is a bit stalky) She is my heart. 13 years

Rosie - Long Haired Chihuahua 12 years

Pickles - Black lab Mix with a dominant lab personality (loves fetch, loves water, sweet, hyper, chewer) 6 months

Skye - Mixed Mystery Breed, Blue eyes, bobtailed, huge ears! Reason I came to this forum. 19 weeks

I have only had 2 pure breeds in my life, very fond of mixed.

In case you're wondering, I did a quick Google Image search of a few 'suspected breeds' just a while ago and I think Skye reminds me of a Basenji. I don't think I see any Husky in him but guess what, Basenjis can have blue eyes too! It's just not very common. He might also be a Basenji mix though, who knows.

Oh, where to start lol .. Loki is the first dog I've owned myself, but I've had so many other family animals I'll probably forget a few.

Dogs, mostly all smaller breeds, first a miniature poodle, then we got him a friend from rescue (not entirely sure what breed, probably some Maltese in there somewhere), after that we had 2 black labs, both rescue also. Then some sort of terrier (Aussie maybe), and a short coat Chihuahua. Last and current dog my mum still has is meant to be pure Maltese, but it's definitely not. Think there's some mini poodle or something in there somewhere. Mum used to show silky terriers when she was younger, too

Also had (and still have) birds, cockatiels, Indian ringneck, budgy, mice, rats, ducks, fish, a turtle, rabbits, even had a lobster at one point. My family were never really cat people (myself included), but since they divorced my stepdad decided to get one, so she lives at mums house.

Probably explains why I'm animal obsessed :P

In case you're wondering, I did a quick Google Image search of a few 'suspected breeds' just a while ago and I think Skye reminds me of a Basenji. I don't think I see any Husky in him but guess what, Basenjis can have blue eyes too! It's just not very common. He might also be a Basenji mix though, who knows.

Oh wow! He does resemble a Basenji! You don't see many Basenji's in my neck of the woods but there is quite a resemblance there for sure! I can't wait to get his DNA results back, although I hear mixed reviews on those things. It will probably come back with something ridiculous like 50% poodle 50% chihuahua :D. (Going to do the Wisdom DNA soon, have it here...just haven't done it yet).

Oh wow! He does resemble a Basenji! You don't see many Basenji's in my neck of the woods but there is quite a resemblance there for sure! I can't wait to get his DNA results back, although I hear mixed reviews on those things. It will probably come back with something ridiculous like 50% poodle 50% chihuahua :D. (Going to do the Wisdom DNA soon, have it here...just haven't done it yet).

Can I ask how much did you pay for that test?

Canine DNA tests are really a gamble. One lady whose blog I used to follow tested two of her dogs; one of whom she knows is a purebred and another a mystery mix. The test result for the purebred is correct, but I really really don't think the result for the mix is correct. The dog in question is obviously a Keeshond, if not a Keeshond mix. But test result says purebred Norwegian Elkhound?? :huh: But if the test is inaccurate how come the other dog's result came back OK? It's confusing really which is why I'm curious how expensive these tests really are.

Can I ask how much did you pay for that test?

Canine DNA tests are really a gamble. One lady whose blog I used to follow tested two of her dogs; one of whom she knows is a purebred and another a mystery mix. The test result for the purebred is correct, but I really really don't think the result for the mix is correct. The dog in question is obviously a Keeshond, if not a Keeshond mix. But test result says purebred Norwegian Elkhound?? :huh: But if the test is inaccurate how come the other dog's result came back OK? It's confusing really which is why I'm curious how expensive these tests really are.

$65.00 on Amazon, I have seen them up to $100.

When I was a kid we had a Dalmatian.
I have a Border Collie X and we just adopted a Husky.
In the future I'd love to have a Staffy, Pedigree Border Collie, Greyhound, German Shepherd, Rottweiler, Pug, English Bulldog, maybe another Husky and some cute rescue dogs. 

This is not all at the same time by the way haha!

Before my Sibe girls i had Gypsy - a dalmation (hence my username!!!) . She was very highly strung and very feisty, but she's was a gorgeous girl .

When i was a kid we had a cat, and I also had a couple of cats for a while before getting Freya and Kyra. They were super cool (for cats) but one died of kidney failure, and the other got killed by a car outside out house.

But I've always been a dog lover. They're more like little furry people than pets . They are my best friends :)

Archived