Which Dog Breeds Have You Owned?

loudlucky

I searched and could only find a thread on what 2nd dog you would get, so I thought what about all the dog breeds you own/ have owned in the past...curious to see what you guys have had before Huskies (if any), even pets as kids ;)

My first (ok it was a birthday gift to my brother from a girl in his preschool class!) was a Toy Pom called Hondzie

Belgium Shepard, Ceasar lived to be 17 years old before going off to doggy heaven

Jack Russel Terrier, Sasha

Golden Retriever, Willow

Border Collie, Wollie

Border Collie, Skye

And now, Husky Smokey!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Working backwards:

Avalanche Alaskan Husky (current)

Sasha Siberian Husky (current)

Lakiva Australian Cattle dog / blue heeler

Misty Siberian Husky

Rusty & Dusty two of the seven puppies eventually found homes

no-name (female mutt who gifted me with 7 puppies! and left!!)

Kalah Black Lab

Blondie  Spaniel of some type

Klevi Mutt

Lady Black Lab

(I forget name) GSD

Kim GSD (and this is something like 50 years ago so I quit!)

My first dog I got when I was 4 lol a mongrel called lady ( lol I was only 4 lol)

then a boxer called murphy

The a chocolate lad called apollo

And now Tala my husky

I've only had a staffy, husky and whatever Bear is, lol.

Hubby on the other hand has had several.  Some that I remember from his teenage days are labrador, collie, and a greyhound mix.  All three at once, they were a pretty good pack.  He's also had a few more dogs that I can't remember what they were.  All of them were from rescue shelters, when we got Brooke it was both of our first times dealing with a pup.  

growing up I had a yellow lab called Laddie (i was 5 hence his name),

my parents rescued a rough collie(Kim)  just after I left home (strange dog),

My first dog of my very own was a wee mongrel and my best friend for 15 years.

Hubby had an Irish setter called Strider ( lord of the rings fan years before the movies),

I bought him a second Irish called Bracken for his 40th as he missed Strider so much after he died.

I went to vets with a rabbit 11 years ago and came home with Gem who was only 7 months old and in at the vet with the dog warden to be destroyed as no-one wanted her. Great wee dog.

then came Storm our first husky and really a cat under all the fur and as she played too rough for Gem we decided to get her a friend and Tanna came up for rehoming

First dog was a Sussex Spaniel named Cinnamon.

Second and third dogs were Irish Setters named Sammy and Duffy.

Fourth dog was a Cairn Terrier named Katie.

Fifth Dog was a Westie named Skipper.

Sixth dog was a red & white Siberian Husky named Elke.

Lucky seven is a Siberian Husky named, what else, Zoya!

And my eighth dog, is another Siberian Husky named Eisa.

I think my ninth dog will also be a Siberian Husky, but not sure of the name at this point.

Diamond is my first and only dog :) though my dad used to have GSDs growing up and my mom had a feral called Molly.

EDIT: oh and I also live with 40+ koi fishes. I gave up counting how many I actually have. There used to be one koi that comes when called and eats from my hand called Kaori, but then a two-day long power cut killed her.

As a child we had a xbreed called pebbles (from flintstones) she safly died at 7 months, dad then bought hone a xbreed called sadie who lived until 19.

Rob and have been married 29 yrs in that time weve had Sherry gsd x collie for 15 yrs, sooty a collie x for 12 months, Daisy a cavalier who came to us as a 4 yr old and stayed for 6 years (still miss her) now we have Charlie a cavelier x corgi with terrier thrown in and Solo a husky, both were adopted from dogs trust.

I never had a pet of any kind as a child (except goldfish won from the local fair once a year) so when I had my children & my own home, we had almost every conceivable pet there was for children lol

As for dogs, we had a GSD (forget his name now  :mellow:  ), a "mutt" called Brandy, then another GSD called Sabre. Then I had a break of around 4 years before we got Myshka, Diesel & Kaviq (all huskies)

Lady - Beagle

Murphy - Corgi/Lab

Nick - Cocker Spaniel

Sunny - Cocker Spaniel

Banshee, Odin, Valkrie, Suki, Leroy Jenkins, Jenks, Hooligan, Micro, and Pygmy -

American Bullies

Vienna and Frankfurter - Mini Dachshunds

Moxie - French Bulldog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

I had an Australian shepherd / german shepherd called mike. we rescued him when he was young, he died around 14 years old.

I had a collie / gsd / malamute mix named Casey. we had to get rid of her because we live in town and she LOVED to herd the cars.

two chihuahuas, Lexi and Chloe. still alive.

two "chorkies" a mix between a chihuahua and yorkie that have passed on, one got hit and one got killed by the neighbor dogs. named Percy and Bentley.

another chorkie, still alive and we still have her, named Bella.

maya, a siberian husky who also passed on. got hit.

now I have chad and paisley, also huskies.

When i was little my mum had a mixed terrier breed dog called Laddie

Weve had Bear - German Shepherd x Golden Retriever he sadly passed away last year :(

Weve got 2 Siberian Husky's - Niko & Chance

Airedale Terrier - Bentley

Mum rescued our first dog named twiggy she was a mini foxy cross, then I found and brought home chewy he's a German Spitz still lives with mum and I've now for delta my cat Sasha my husky Dozer he's a roti cross kelpie and my OHs dog is a Maltese.

I use to bring home all the stay dogs and cats in the neighbor hood Lol I've brought home 5 kittens that were dumped at about 3 weeks old, a beautiful bully of some kind I wish I could of kept him and a lot more I always got in trouble for bringing them home Lol but mum and dad always helped me either find them a home or we took them to the vet/shelter :)

• 3 weeks later...

Growing up we had ...

A GSD...  unfortunatly pts as a pup.. back end went ...

Prince - black lab .. finally passed away at 21 yrs old .

Zoe - Afghan hound .. mums pet ...

Inga - Doberman ... my favourite .. walked the legs off that dog ...

Neo - Siberian Husky.. my own first dog .

Historically.....

Sam - whippet cross, he was our childhood dog

Bea - rescued Doberman

Oscar - chocolate lab (shared his home with multiple cats during his life, including; Tigger, Rose, JD, Bailey, Lucy & Alice. I'm sure he thought he was a cat you know!)

Molly - shih tzu (shared her home with cats Lucy & Poppy)

Currently....

Skye - white sibe

Archived